4. Electricity

Being insecure is something that has haunted me ever since I started high school. Seeing all of the pretty girls in one building made me have some sort of resentment against myself. I had a beautiful best friend and I was surrounded by nothing but mean and beautiful girls. I knew I never stood a chance against them and I knew I was no type of competition. So why was I standing here wishing that I could do nothing more but wrap my arms around Jace's neck and kiss him like I knew how when he didn't deserve someone like me?

***************************

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean... I like you Spencer."

How could he possibly like someone like me?

"Why?"

"Why not? I mean look at you. You are absolutely gorgeous."

What was he looking at?

"That's the only reason you can give me? You know nothing about me," I informed him.

"That's the thing. I want to. I want to know everything there is to know about you," he said genuinely.

What was this? Why was he standing here and telling me this?

Was this some kind of sick joke?

"Look Jace. I don't know who put you up to this or what your intentions are but no thank you," I said looking away from his gray eyes and focusing on the crowd that had entered the room.

"There is no way I would ever do that. No one is putting me up to anything. I like you and I want to get to know you. I really do," he said taking my hand.

I gasped as electricity ran through my body. Quickly, I snatched my hand back.

Did he feel that?

"I don't think so. You guys are all the same," I said getting annoyed now.

"All the same? Not everyone is the same Spencer and I want to prove that to you. I don't know what's happened to you in the past but I can guarantee you don't have to worry about that with me," he said.

"What makes you so sure of that?" I asked.

He looked nervous as he spoke his next five words. "You have to trust me."

Those were the five words that gave me a broken heart three years ago.

The five words that made me this way.

Standing up I poured the contents of the soda onto his head, shocking him and even myself.

Feeling embarrassed, I put the can on the bar quickly making my way out of the room and into the main party.

What the hell did I just do?

________________________

 Jace POV

What the hell did I just do?

What did I do to deserve that?

Everyone watched as Spencer stormed out of the room as they waited for my reaction.

I hope they didn't expect me to do anything because as confused as I was about what just happened, she was still my mate.

She was the girl that was made for me.

The reason behind that little stunt had to be something serious and my wolf was howling with anger just thinking about it.

I looked up and saw Essence making her way out of the game room after Spencer. If the look she gave me could kill I would be six feet under.

The white shirt I was wearing was a goner and I was going to need to change.