13. Meet The Spears

"Don't be so nervous. My parents love you already," Jace said taking my hand and rubbing it in a soothing manner.

How come he could calm me down so easily? I mean, I was about to meet this guy's parents and there was still things I needed to learn about him. Were we moving too fast?, because it sure feels that way.

"I don't mean to be so nervous. I just never met anyone's parents before."

"You never had a guy's parents dying to meet you? I find that hard to believe."

"It's true. I've only had one boyfriend and I never met his parents. Kind of glad I didn't."

Meeting Justin's parents would have really screwed me up.

"You always surprise me. You've only had one boyfriend your entire life? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard of."

"Why so crazy?"

"Spencer, you're beautiful. One boyfriend is just insane. I hope I can be your second and your last," he said with a sincere smile.

I hope so too.

Taking his key, he put it inside the door and twisted it unlocked. It was almost slow motion how everything happened. It could have just been my nerves but I knew how dramatic I was being. The door opened and I was hit with the wonderful smell from his huge house.

Of course it would smell good. It was a vanilla scented smell mixed with spices and herbs from the food that I could hear sizzling in the kitchen.

 "It smells amazing in here," I said dreamily.

"I didn't know she was cooking," Jace mumbled almost agitated.

Tightening his hand on mine, he led me through a foyer and into a large living room with beautiful furniture. There were cream couches with black cushions varying from chairs fit for one to chairs fit for eight. There was a huge stand with pictures of Jace's family and even some kids from school. There was a long TV stand with a flat screen resting on it and speakers that would allow you to hear the surround sound all the way in Mexico.

It was official. Jace's house was kick ass. "I love your house".

"Thank you. I had nothing to do with it" he laughed. "My room is the only room I put my own touch on. I'll show you later."

His comment left me at a standstill. He was going to show me his room and I was freaking out.

"Hello," said a soft voice from behind us.

Spinning around, I had to be looking at Jace's mom. There was no denying it.

"Hey mom," Jace said embracing her into a hug and giving her a kiss. "I want you to meet Spencer. This is my mom, Grace."

"She is gorgeous Jace! What took you so long?" she said pulling me into a huge hug and shocking the hell out of me.

"Thank you," I said responding to her compliment.

"Mom, let her breathe," Jace said laughing.

"I'm sorry," she said letting me go. "I've wanted to meet you for a while now. It is so wonderful that my son has found a ma-, I mean a female friend that he likes very much."

Jace rolled his eyes, "Way to be embarrassing. If she didn't know I liked her, well, she does now."

I smiled up at him. Moms definitely had a tendency to be embarrassing.

"Your father should be down in a second. Spencer, are you hungry or thirsty?" she asked me.

"No, thank you," I said.

"Well if you happen to get hungry, I have some parmesan chicken that I whipped up," she said.

"That's what smells so good," I said.

"With all the boys in the neighborhood, I have to make sure I have a quantity of food or it would be a war," she joked patting my hand.

At that moment, the front door flew open and in walked Peter and Taylor. They gave Mrs. Spear a quick kiss and headed to the kitchen.

Her point was taken.

Those two could eat for days.

"Oh! Hey, Spencer. Glad to see you made it over here," Taylor said sitting on one of the many couches with a plate load of food.

"Nice to see you in the same position I see you in at lunch time," I said smiling.

These three were always eating. Taylor stopped mid chew and stuck his tongue full of food out.

Wow, so attractive.

"You must be the reputable Spencer," an older version of Jace said coming into the living room.

I stood up and shook his hand but he ended up pulling me into a hug.

"My name is George Spear. I'm Jace's father. It is so nice to finally meet you," he said. His voice was so strong, like a born leader.

"It's nice to meet you," I said rapt.

He let go of my hand and patted Jace on the shoulder. "It must happen soon," he said.

Jace looked a little worried but nodded his head.

"Peter and Taylor, I need you in my office to discuss a few things. Jace, take your time and come join us soon," George said before throwing me a smile and giving his wife a kiss.

"I'll show you the rest of the house," Jace said taking my hand and leading me out of the living room.

Releasing the breath that I had no idea I was holding, I smiled.

Jace had a really nice family.

************************************

"You're parents are awesome!" I said leaning back into Jace's chest.

I had finally calmed down after being in his room for about an hour and I felt comfortable just being in his arms. The electricity was strong but I had begun to get used to it. I guess it was supposed to be happening.

"Yeah they are," he said smiling.

The room grew silent as Jace played with strands of my hair.

"When's the last time you had a boyfriend?" Jace asked.

Huh?

"Um... it's been a while now," I answered. "It didn't really work out to well."

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I was just curious all," he said.

"It was just some stuff that happened that I have yet to get over. I'm over him but I will never accept what he did to me," I explained.

"Well do you think you're ready for another boyfriend?" he asked.

The pounding of my heart was the only noise that I could hear. Was he hinting at what I think he was?

"Well, um. I never thought about it really. I mean once I ended it with him, that was it. I never thought I would be in another relationship. But..." I said stopping.

"But what?" Jace asked after a while.

"I think I'm opening up to the thought," I said with a smile.

"That's what I wanted to hear," he said.

Jace as a boyfriend? Hmmm...

________________________________________________

JACE POV

After dropping Spencer off, I headed to the pack house and into my dad's office. The meeting was between present alphas and betas and future alphas and betas. Taking a seat next to my dad, he filled me in.

"The Silver Moon pack is not one to play around with. They are not the strongest but they are the cruelest and we must be careful how we go about getting Robert back."

Silver Moon abused the silver that was forbidden to be used on a werewolf. Silver could kill and wipe out even the toughest wolf and that was usually their gold.

"They have to have someone watching us in order to kidnap. Their territory isn't for miles," I said.

"They have a few people on our land but they have a scent that we won't ever be able to track. It's damn near impossible," Taylor said.

"I still think we should go out and check it all out."

"We need to make sure that no one in our pack goes out alone. Everyone must be in a group of two or larger. That is a must," My dad said.

Shaking my head, I covered my face with my hands. "We are one of the strongest packs. Being in groups is going to make them believe that we are weak. Someone is after you dad and I won't let them get to you," I said standing up.

"There is no need to worry about me, Jace. I am protected by the best and they know my murder will not be easy. That is something you must not fret about especially dealing with everything on our plate."

"Yeah, Jace. They know they won't get to alpha by kidnapping Robert. They are gonna have to come harder than that," Peter said standing and banging his fist against the table.

"Let's head out and see what we can find in town. I'll make sure to warn the others about staying in groups," I said as Taylor and Peter followed me out of the room.

"Jace? Can we talk for a minute?" Claire said as I reached the bottom of the steps.

"Make it quick, I have business," I said folding my arms over my chest.

She looked behind me at Peter and Taylor. "Alone?"

Sighing, I led her into the kitchen. If Claire were human, Taylor and Peter would have no problem hearing are conversation. Being a werewolf had its perks.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I just wanted to apology again about the way I acted to your mate last week. It was uncalled for and I should have thought about my actions," she said.

"I forgave you already."

"Yeah, I know but I want to make sure there is no bad blood between the two of us. I couldn't live with myself if you were mad at me. Even for what I did to you when we were together," she said rubbing my arm.

Removing her hand, I gave her a friendly smile.

"I am going to be the leader of this pack soon and I don't want any bad blood with anyone. What you did to me is forgiven and forgotten. I no longer hold that against you. But I do need to tell you that there is no chance of us being together again. I have found my mate and nothing compares. I'm sure you understand," I informed her.

She rolled her eyes. "What does it matter that you have a mate. You don't have to accept her and the two of us can be together. Isn't that what you want? You use to love me and adore me so much! What happened to that Jace?"

She was never going to understand.

"Claire, that's the thing. I use to. Once you cheated, you showed me things that I was too naïve to see. You know what a mate does to a wolf. You of all people know what the feeling is going to be like even though you haven't found yours yet. How come you can't understand of that?" I asked.

"I want you. The two of us were suppose to be mates and Spencer ruined that for us. That's what I understand. How can a stupid human come in the picture and ruin everything the two of us were suppose to have?" she asked raising her voice.

I'm pretty sure the whole pack house could hear her. "No Claire. She didn't ruin it... you did."

*****A/N: Claire is very perssistant isn't she. lol. Comment and Vote!! ***