29. Not Essence Pt.1

The weekend flew by and I was very disappointed when I woke up on Sunday morning.

My parents were coming home today and it was back to school tomorrow.

I had my naked body pressed into Jace’s as his arm was around me.

Last night was a very memorable one.

“Morning babe. Thinking about last night?” Jace asked as he kissed my shoulder.

“How’d you know?” I asked sarcastically.

“Why does it have to be Sunday already?” he groaned.

“I know. I was really enjoying myself” I said turning my body so that I was facing him.

“I can’t sleep without you. Not anymore at least”

“Well you know you’re always welcomed to come through my window” I joked.

“I want you here. When you’re here I don’t have to worry about sending people out to watch you. You’re always safe here” he said looking at me with a very serious expression.

“I would love to stay here but my parents would flip. They aren’t having that” I said shaking my head as I could hear my mom practically having a heart attack at the thought of me and Jace sharing a bed together.

“I know” he sighed. “Can’t blame a guy for trying right?”

I kissed his cheek before slipping his shirt on and heading into the bathroom.

After we both brushing our teeth, showered, and put on some decent clothes, we headed downstairs for some breakfast.

Jace stopped in his tracks and looked over at me with a teasing smile.

“What?”

“I guess your best friend isn’t so innocent anymore” he smiled.

It took a minute for his words to process before I smiled along with him.

So Peter and Essence were officially mated.

Walking into the dining room, I sat across from Essence and raised both my eyebrows.

“Don’t you start” she said trying to hide a smile.

“Whatever do you mean?”

“I guess I deserve the teasing”.

The table began laughing at our banter before I decided to take it easy on her.