17. Girlfriend Who? (Part 1)

There was an awkward silence as I waited for my question to be answered.

He was looking at me as if he could see right through me.

"Where did that come from?" He asked forcing a smile on his face.

I turned bright red after realizing what had just come out of my mouth. I would really appreciate it if a huge hole would open up right in the middle of my basement and suck me inside.

That would be awesome.

"I'm so sorry Jace! That was uncalled for" I said slapping my hand over my mouth before something else decided to slip out.

"Don't be embarrassed" he said removing my hand and taking it into his.

"I don't know why I even asked you that. I've just been experiencing some weird things" I admitted.

"Like what?"

Looking into his beautiful eyes, I saw three things.

There was a concerned look and a worried look.

Then there was a look of guilt.

"We'll for starters, there's me and you. Every time I'm around you I feel sparks".

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked confused.

"No! I just mean in these last couple of weeks you've made me feel something that I have never felt for anyone and it kind of confuses me. Even if I don't know what it is, I'm glad it happening".

"It's me proving you wrong" he said standing from the couch and standing in front of me. "When I first saw you that day in the hallway, I wanted you. You thought I was playing a game with you but Spencer, I really do like you and I want you to really hear me".

I sat there looking at him completely dumbfounded. Hearing him say all of this just made me fall for him even more.

He smiled as if he could sense the girlish parade prancing around in my stomach.

"I want you to be my girlfriend. I'm not saying now and I'm not even saying tomorrow. I want you to know that I care about you and I'm taking what we have very seriously. You don't have to make a decision now".

His... Girlfriend??

I had this thought so many times. I've imagined myself as Jace Spears girlfriend more than I could count on my fingers and here he was telling me everything I wanted to hear.

"You're girlfriend?" Was all that I could get out.

He smiled. "Yes. My girlfriend".

Could I possibly have that role? Even after he dated a beautiful girl like Carla. Wouldn't that make me a downgrade?

"You don't have to answer that now I just wanted you to know".

I gave him a smile and just nodded my head. Giving him an answer seemed a lot harder than I thought.

Essence and Peter came back down into the basement a lot happier than when they left.

"Ready to watch another movie?" Jace asked us all.

What I wanted to do was talk to Jace about the weird experiences I was having but I guess that could wait until we were alone again.

"Sure. What's next?" Essence asked.

"The last movie we brought over was Batman" Peter said.

Jace removed the DVD from its case and popped it into the DVD player.