24. Realization

I couldn’t believe my eyes when we walked into the dining room.

There was food everywhere and I swear I started to drool.

As if on cue, my stomach began to growl.

“Someone’s hungry” Jace teased as he squeezed my hand.

This wolf hearing was going to be really annoying.

“You girls look so surprised” Mr. Spear said taking his usual seat at the head of the table next to Mrs. Spear. “Remember, our wives have to feed a pack full of wolves”.

Giving him a smile, I couldn’t help but wonder if this is what Essence and I would end up doing.

I hated to admit it, but my cooking wasn’t one of the best.

Sure I could make a few meals here and there, but what sat in front of my eyes was far more than I could handle.

The long table had food lined up to last till next year. Considering who would be eating, I knew I was more than likely wrong.

As the rest of the pack began to crowd in and take their seats at the table, a man stood to make a quick speech.

“Merry Christmas everyone and let us all start off by thanking the ladies for this lovely meal that they have prepared” he said bending down and giving a woman, who I assumed was his wife, a quick kiss.

“Come on dad!” Taylor said pretending to gag.

I knew I looked confused as Jace put his lips near my ear sending a shiver down my body. “That’s Beta Charlie, Taylor’s dad. I’m going to have to make sure we get you knowing everyone” he said as I felt him smile.

“I think we may need a quiz after all of this” I said feeling a little overwhelmed.

He chuckled and slid his hand into mine giving me that warm and safe feeling that I loved.

“We have some guests with us and I would like to say welcome” he said giving me and Essence a small bow. “It is an honor to have you here. Let us all eat up and enjoy this holiday together”.

As he sat, hands began to move quickly and the volume in the room increased by the max.

Being the slowpoke that I was, Jace kindly took over for me and filled my plate with everything that could possible fit.

Mashed Potatoes, Turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, macaroni, and so many other mouthwatering things.

Remembering my breakfast encounter the other day, I made sure to eat my food a little slower this time.

“So what’s up with the bracelets?” Taylor asked as he looked from Kristen’s arm, to Essences’, to mine.

“A little childish but it was a Christmas present. Essence got me a bracelet maker”.

“And they let me have some” Kristen said. “Isn’t that awesome?”

“I feel a little left out. I want one!” Peter said looking a little too serious.

Rolling her eyes, Essence pulled the pinkest one off and handed it over. “Here you go babe” she said.

“The pink one? Of all colors you have to emasculate me and make me wear the pink one?” Peter asked.

“Real men wear pink” Jace teased.

“Then this one is all yours” I said sliding off my pink one and handing it to him.