19. Better Left Unsaid

"Down boy" I said to a very excited Jinger.

He had spotted his leash in my hand and this made him go insane.

I had the strongest feeling that I was neglecting my poor puppy and it made me feel like scum. Is this how it would be if Jace and I actually became official because ever since I began falling for him, Jinger was getting none of my attention.

Attaching the leash to his collar, the two of us began our journey around the corner to the park.

Due to the weather, there was no one in the park and Jinger was taking advantage of this. He dragged me everywhere until he found a tree that was suitable enough for him.

As my mind wandered, I ended up thinking of Jace.

I hadn't spoken to him since last night, rather this morning, when he and Peter were in my basement.

There were so many questions that I still needed to ask him and until then, I was feeling very lost and confused.

Essence ended up going straight home not being able to process everything at that moment. I knew that she would wake up thinking it was all a dream but I was prepared for that phone call.

At that moment, my phone began to vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey honey. We're back from picking your grandmother up from the airport. Where did you run off to? Your car is parked" My mother said.

"I took Jinger for a little walk. I'm on my way back now" I informed her.

"Ok. Well hurry up" she said before hanging up.

Making sure to take another ten minutes, my body finally began to feel like an icicle and it was time to head home.

Once entering the house, Jinger turned his back on me and headed into the living room leaving me to face my grandmother alone.

"Traitor" I mumbled.

"Finally" my grandmother said as I emerged into the dining room where her and my parents were sitting around the table with mugs of hot chocolate.

"Hello grandmother" I said kissing her on the cheek.

"I'm glad you made it. I was just telling your parents that I think it would be a wonderful idea for us to go out for dinner tonight before things get hectic".

Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and that meant that my mother would be in the kitchen all day, cooking it up. It was her little tradition and no one bothered her. I mean I would come and help her once in a while but my job was usually being the taste tester and I had no problem with that.

"What did you have in mind?" My dad asked.

"Oh I don't know. It doesn't have to be too fancy but I would love to have some nice quiet family time and catch up with you all" she said.

Yeah right.

"How about we go to Sea side and eat at one of the restaurants over there" my mom suggested.

"That's a wonderful idea. Spencer, go put something decent on" my grandmother said swatting me away.

Rolling my eyes, I left the dining room.

On the way up to my room, my cell phone began to vibrate in my back pocket again.

"Hello?"

"Please tell me that nothing is real and that I am not crazy" Essence said making me smile.