15. Don't Be So Weird

Those big yellow eyes were the last thing on my mind before falling asleep Friday night and the first thing on my mind Saturday morning.

What the hell could have been lurking in the woods? Especially by my house...?

Getting out of bed and looking out of the window, I could assume that my parents didn't return home last night... Though I wasn't surprised.

I glanced back at a snoring Essence and smiled. Ever since she admitted to getting the same safe feelings as me, the situation didn't seem so bad anymore and I didn't feel weird.

"What's wrong?" Essence asked sitting up from her slumber.

She had gotten a much better sleep than I did by the way she was snoring. At least her fingers weren't in my nose this time.

"Nothing. I'm just a little confused about what happened last night. Plus my parents didn't come home".

"Yeah that is a little weird" she said getting out of bed and heading into my bathroom. "Don't freak out just yet. Maybe they just had a lot of fun" she said with a wink before closing the door.

"Gross!" I said scrunching up my nose.

"You know I hate when you do that".
She laughed as the faucet came on.

Turning back to the window, my parents were pulling into the driveway.

Ten in the morning?... This was a new record.

Rolling my eyes, I ignored the anger that was rising inside.

"SPENCER?!" My mom yelled once they made it inside.

Essence peeked her head out in surprise. I have her an annoyed look before heading downstairs where the two of them looked like they had a long night.

"Where have you two been?" I asked crossing my arms.

I felt like the parent.

"We went out with some old friends and stayed out later than we expected. Is everything ok? Is Essence here?" My dad asked on the verge of a panic attack.

"Everything is fine! I made it and we had tons of fun" Essence answered.

Better her than me.

"Oh okay" my mom said sighing. "We'll we're going to go get cleaned. Long night and I need some sleep".

Me and Essence exchanged our usual look when things got or sounded weird.
Something was DEFINITELY going on.

"Okay, that was weirder than usual" Essence said grabbing some bowls as I grabbed the captain crunch.

"Don't remind me".

"All I was interested in was what Jace was up to.

Boy did I miss him.

********************
Jace POV

"BREAKFAST" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"About time!" Peter said getting off the bed and heading out of the room.

Me and Taylor laughed as we followed.

"So are you two gonna spit it out tomorrow?" Taylor asked.

"I can't do that just yet but Jace sure can" Peter answered.

"This isn't easy man. Everything happens to prevent me from asking cause I've tried on two occasions... Believe me".

Heading into the dining room, the entire pack was already there and stuffing their face.

They never wait for us.

"About time" Kristen said looking up at us.

Taylor stopped in his tracks and went into a trance.

A trance that me and Peter were waiting for him to experience.

My father stood up. "OUT!" He ordered the other members of the pack.

As they caught on, they grabbed their food and scurried out of the room.

Taylor had finally found his mate... Who just happened to be my sister.

"Wow. I would have never guessed" Peter whispered though everyone could hear him.

My sister looked so happy standing there as Taylor kept his eyes on only her.

"This is wonderful" my mom spoke up. "This is just absolutely amazing".

"I think we should give these two some privacy" my dad said looking proud.

Taylor was like another son to my dad so for him to be Kristen's mate was probably the best thing that could happen. If it was another guy, then privacy would not be an option. Especially not for either of the alphas.

"Um yeah, I'm just gonna grab some food" Peter said getting a plate and loading food as I did the same thing.

I was happy for Taylor but I was also a starving wolf.

My mom giggled as we left the dining room with our plates.

Heading back up into my room, the two of us were still in shock.

"I'm happy as hell dude! It was really bothering me that he didn't have a mate yet. I felt wrong that we did".

"Yeah. He would have known sooner if it weren't for training. It's kinda perfect. My sisters had a thing for him for a while and now they're mates".

"She liked him? The elders sure know what the hell they're doing".

That was the truest statement Peter had ever made.

*******************
Spencer POV

"What do you wear to things like these?" I asked Essence.

Tomorrow was Sunday which meant we would be attending Taylor's late birthday get together.

"I'm thinking casual and cute. Nothing too fancy but nothing too laid back" she explained.

"Can I throw on a pair of jeans? I'd rather be comfortable".

"Just avoid sweats" she insisted.

"I know that much. I'm not that much of a loser when it comes to style".

Style and fashion weren't my specialty but being around Jace made me a natural Lauren Conrad.

"I hope they didn't forget about us coming" Essence said.

"They made Kristen ask us. They HAVE to remember".

"We didn't even get Taylor a gift" Essence jumped up.

"What could we get him?" I asked.

"Call and ask Jace" Essence teased.
"He would know".

"Call and ask Peter" I teased back.

She rolled her eyes. "We are so lame".

I had no idea how to deal with my feelings for Jace. They were so strong and I couldn't come to terms with what they even meant. Sometimes coming out of my shell was like pulling teeth but I needed to do it. Jace was an amazing guy and I didn't wanna lose him over me being a wuss.

Grabbing my phone, I gave him a call.
He answered on the second ring.

"Hey beautiful. I was just about to call you".

"Hey Jace" I said smiling. I loved when he called me that.

"I hope you're not calling to tell me you can't make it tomorrow".

"Oh no! I'm actually calling because me and Essence needed an idea of what we should get Taylor as a gift" I explained.

Jace let out a chuckle. "Well for starters, he loves food".

This made me laugh as I thought about the three lunch trays they consume everyday. Food was the first thing we should have thought of.

"I was thinking of something more useful".

"He's a growing boy. Food is very useful" Jace said jokingly.

"A cake!" Essence shrieked making me jump up. "I can make him my famous strawberry and cream cheese cake".

At the sound of that, my mouth began to water. Essence's strawberry and cream cheese came was AMAZING.

"A cake is cool. He's pretty picky though".

"Trust me. He'll love it" I assured him.

"How are you?" He asked me.

"I'm good. Sucked not seeing you for a whole week".

"Yeah. I was dying inside. You may not believe this but not seeing you really screws my day. It's been seven so I'm like a grinch".

I laughed. "It's almost Christmas so cheer up".

"Spencer, we just really need to see you tomorrow. I can't take it anymore"

"We" I asked.

"Huh?"

"You said we".

There was a long pause. "I meant I... I just really need to see you"

"Oh" I responded in confusion.

"I have to go help my dad with something. I'll see you tomorrow gorgeous" he said before hanging up.

As much as I liked Jace, I knew he was hiding something.

A/N: hey readers! Thanks for being patient with me and thanks for loving the story! Sorry for the short chapter but I should have BEEN added this chapter. Please comment and vote! Love you guys <3