30. Not Essence Pt.2

It had been two whole days.

There was still no sign of Essence.

She was considered missing and the cops were now involved.

This isn't what Mr. Spear had wanted but Essence's mom wasn't going to sit around and do nothing.

She had no idea about the wolves and she was just a mom who was worried about her daughter.

Little did she know, the cops weren't going to find Essence.

The pack was.

They caught the scent of the Blue Shine pack and Peter wanted blood. He hadn't slept since the day Essence went missing and I couldn't blame him.

He was missing a part of him without his mate.

Just as I was missing a part of me without my best friend.

I had been at the pack house since Sunday.

Everyone knew it would be a better idea for me to be here than at home.

My parents didn't complain considering the situation and I was grateful for that.
The wolves that were protecting us had gotten kidnapped too.

I explained to Jace how I had been feeling like I was being watched and he told me the strangest thing.

Jinger had been the one protecting me.

If I didn't have Jinger with me at the park, they would have taken me too.

How was it possible that Jinger was the one to save me?

Jace was keeping something from me but he said it was another story for another day.

Once we found Essence, I was going to find out.

School.

I hadn't been to that place either.

Everyone there knows how close Essence and I are so with the news that she was missing, all my work was given to Jace who let it pile up on his desk.

I didn't have the right thought process to do school work.

"Hey" Kristen said to me Tuesday afternoon.

I had been sitting in the backyard of the pack house looking up at the cold sky with Jinger in my lap.

"Hey".

"I have hot chocolate" she said handing me a mug with whipped cream covering the top.

I smiled at her as I accepted it. "Thank you".

She sat next to me in the empty chair and looked up. "What are you looking at?"

"I have no idea".

"I don't know how you're feeling because I've never had a best friend but I know how you two are. I know this is making you just as sad as Peter and I'm sorry this had to happen. I'm sorry that you were thrown into this world of wolves and now wolves have kidnapped your best friend. This is what my father's goal was all along you know? When he became Alpha, he wanted to stop all of the bad wolves from harming others. That's not what or who we are. We weren't made to hurt, we were made to protect. Blue shine is a disgrace to our kind".

"When Jace first told me that he was a wolf, I had no idea how to react. I mean, who would believe that when they've been human all their life and only heard about wolves and stuff in books and movies. But then I told myself, he's normal. Yeah he may be a wolf, but he's still a teenage boy" I said laughing for the first time. "And without Essence, I would have never accepted all of this. Essence is like my voice of reason because I was too lame to have one of my own. She brings out the best in me and that's why she's my best friend" I said looking over at Kristen.