31. Back To Normal

It was around nine o’clock when I heard the noise downstairs.

Mrs. Spear… Grace, had told me I should get some rest.

I looked like hell and she was putting it nicely.

Jumping out of Jace’s bed, I ran down the steps.

All of the pack was coming through but what broke my heart was seeing them carrying Jace.

I put my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming.

A hand wrapped around my neck and pulled me into a hug.

I had no idea who it was but I cried on their shoulder.

*************

“Please don’t blame yourself Spence. You not getting kidnapped was the best thing that could happen. You helped bring me home” Essence said squeezing my hand.

It had been two hours since she been home and two hours of me crying like a baby.

I knew once Mr. Spear told me Jace would be fine that I had nothing to worry about, but I just couldn’t help it.

“Yeah Spencer, without you I don’t know what would have happened and I don’t even wanna think about it” Peter said.

He had been by Essence’s side since arriving back at the pack house and I was sure he wouldn’t be leaving her side for a while now.

“I’m such a baby. A big emotional mess. I’m an unfit Luna” I commented.

“Don’t ever say that!” Kristen damn near screamed. “You’re just a little emotional. You’re worried and it’s normal. You are going to be a fine Luna".

She was right and I was overreacting. “Sorry”

She gave me a smile and snuggled up with Taylor.

The five of us had been sitting in the living room waiting to hear some news about Jace.

He was with the Pack doctor in the next house over. He had a broken rib and his leg was out of place.

Taylor explained that wolves heal quick but broken bones take a little longer.

I was dying to see him.

“Spencer?” a familiar voice said my name as she entered the living room.

I had to look around because I didn’t believe that she was talking to me.

“Can we talk for a minute?” she asked.

I looked at Essence and Kristen and they shrugged.

Their guess was as good as mine.

“Sure Claire” I said rising from the couch and following her into the kitchen.

She sat one of the small tables, gesturing for me to join.

I sat across from her and waited.

She took a deep breath before she spoke. “Well I guess I just want to start off by saying that I’m sorry for my childish behavior. I was really out of line”.

Whoa. First Justin, now her.

This was weird.

“I had no idea what it felt like to have a mate and even though I’m a wolf, I still didn’t want to believe that someone else chose who I was going to be with for the rest of my life. That’s why I got so angry when Jace found out that you were his mate”.