20. The Wolf Is Out

“I know how confused you are but I am here to assure you that everything will be okay. I can tell you anything that you would like to know” Mrs. Spear said to Essence and I in the calmest manner.

The two of us looked at each other trying to figure out where we should start.

“We know about the pack and we know about mating. What happened tonight? Who were those black wolves and how did your pack know to save me?” I asked.

It was more than one question but I was dying for answers.

“Well let me start off with Robert. He is one of our pack members and was kidnapped by a rival pack. Those black wolves that you saw tonight were a part of the rival pack and wanted to harm you”.

“You saw them?” I asked Essence.

She nodded her head. “For some reason I had the urge to go outside. I went into the backyard and they were standing there” she said as she began to shake a little.

Mrs. Spear gripped her hand a little tighter letting her know that things would be okay.

“That urge that you had to go outside was the power of the wolf. Because the two of you haven’t mated yet, you are vulnerable to any male wolf who holds power. You two are going to soon be two powerful woman whether you want to or not” Mrs. Spear said with a sympathetic smile.

“Why wouldn’t we have a choice?” I asked.

“You are the mates of two powerful figures in this pack. There is only one mate for every one wolf. If you choose to reject them because you do not want to live this life, it won’t matter because they will always want you more than anyone. That is the power of the mate”.

Taking all of this in, I sat back in my chair.

The three of us had been taken into the huge dining room that could sit the entire pack if need be.

“So my feelings towards Jace and Essence’s feelings for Peter will be there no matter how hard we try to fight them?”
“Exactly”.

I didn’t have a doubt in my mind about having Jace in my life but I was hesitant on taking things to the next level with him.

Being his girlfriend.

I was so ready before, but now I was not so sure.

“So the black wolves are very powerful?” I asked.

“Yes. I will let Jace explain who they are but I can only tell you that their alpha is very interested in Spencer”.

Chills went up my spine as Mrs. Spear said this.

What would he want with me?

“Well that explains the wolves but how come we were saved?” Essence asked.

“In this pack are some very smart people with smart powers. They can sense and see stuff that help us when being under attack. For instance, Peter. He is able to make a situation gone bad, become right. He is able to keep everyone calm so that we are able to keep our focus and not lose our minds when it comes to battle. Then we have Taylor. He can see when someone who does not belong is on our land and he can sense when a pack member is in danger. Because you are the mates of two important pack members, he knew that the two of you were in trouble way before you did” she explained.

I smiled for the first time tonight, thinking back to Taylor appearing in my car and being the driver. “I have to thank him”.

“It is his job. You are the soon to be Luna” Mrs. Spear said winking at me. “You have to be protected at all times by all pack members”.