𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝐀𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

WHO THE HELL IS THIS DELORES CHARACTER?

── ⋆⋅☂︎⋅⋆ ──

    THE FAMILY OF SIX GATHERED AT the farthest end of the kitchen table, closely observing the newest addition to the siblings as he swiftly navigated around the open pantry. Rin sat against Klaus' crossed legs, Allison and Vanya to her right, her brothers to her left. They sat in silence, anticipating absolutely anything from Five.

He snagged half of a bag of bread slices from the counter and the cutting board right next to it, plopping both of them on the free end of the tabletop. "What's the date? The exact date." He asked, untwisting the plastic and grabbing two pieces of white bread.

"The twenty-fourth." Vanya said in her usual quiet tone.

Five froze, staring at her with the two slices held in his hand. "Of what?"

"March."

Five dipped his head to one side, his rigid features relaxing for a fleeting second. "Good."

He placed the bread on the wooden board. "Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked almost angrily. The rest only waited patiently for the boy to reply, but he only fidgeted with the damn bread. Luther stood up, nearly the height of two of him as he got dangerously close to him. "It's been fifteen years."

Five finally caved, annoyance written on his young face as he stepped closer. "It's been a lot longer than that." And with that, the boy vanished with a small whoosh, reappearing on top of the bin in front of the stove, using it as a stool to reach the even smaller bag of mini marshmallows.

"I haven't missed that." Luther mumbled, turning around towards him.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked flatly, his arms crossed firmly against his chest as he eyed Five warily.

"The future." Five answered like he was recalling what he had for breakfast. He appeared back in front of his bread, setting the bag alongside the other bag. "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus shouted obnoxiously with an exclamatory finger in the air. Nobody seemed phased by the interjection so he quieted down, drawing his legs closer to his body.

"I should've listened to the old man," Five opened the refrigerator, scanning up and down until reaching inside and grabbing the small jar of peanut butter on the second shelf, "jumping through space is one thing. Jumping through time is a toss of the dice." He untwisted the cap to the peanut butter, stopping momentarily to look up at Rin. His eyes wandered up and down, lips pressed tightly together. "Seems like you'd agree."

Her head hung low, though whether it was out of agreement or shame she wasn't sure. "Sure." She mumbled with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Wait," Vanya held a hand up, catching Five's attention, "how'd you get back?"

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across-"

"Holy shit, dumb it down for the idiots in the room." Rin groaned. While she vaguely understood the concept of time travel, having dabbled in it herself, she could hardly grasp whatever it was he was saying.