𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒, 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓

— ❝ THE WORLD'S ENDING AND YOU TWO ARE GONNA SUCK FACE?

☂︎

"We need to get to safety outside of the Academy!" Pogo instructed the group. It took a brief pause of realization for it to hit but when it did, Rin and her two brothers began scrambling wildly down the hallway.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther called out from behind them.

Rin's feet pounded against the tile floor she had always known as she ran with her brothers. The explosions started to intensify. The ground shook harder and the walls seemed to give out. Boom. Boom. Boom.

They were getting closer, she could tell.

Diego and Klaus ran towards their mother's charging station and her sewing seat, the place where they always found her without fail. "Mom!" Bits of the ceiling rained down in their faces and they waved it away, coughing. But when the dust cleared, Grace wasn't there.

The three spun around, narrowly avoiding a chunk of stone that crashed to the ground beside them and splattered into pebbles. Klaus led them across the staircase and to the other side, towards the balcony above the living room when a piece of debris bigger than the one before struck the back of his head.

With a cry, he hit the ground. Diego and Rin ran towards him, his name flying from their lips out of fear when they were caught in an even heavier shower of their own. Pieces too large to be missed fell on top of them and they fell to the floor in heaps.

Klaus stirred after only a moment, clutching his head and moaning with agony. He rolled onto his back in time to see a crack running itself along the ceiling right above them. His hands frantically shook his two siblings, trying to wake them.

The rift spread throughout one of the panels right above them, pulling it out of place. Klaus scrambled to the other side and grabbed his sister's limp arms. He wanted to grab Diego's, too but he knew he was too weak, probably concussed, to pull them both. Rin was maybe half of Diego's weight, she wouldn't be too difficult. "Shit." The man hissed, beginning to yank his sister to safety.

The beam finally gave out just as Rin was pulled out of its path, but Diego was still underneath it. Klaus panicked and watched the ceiling fall seemingly in slow-motion. He felt sick that he wasn't able to save his brother when two arms reached out from beside him and dragged Diego out of the way.

Klaus' gaze followed the ghostly apparitions until they met that of his deceased brother, Ben. He had let go of Diego, arms held out in front of him like he didn't know who they belonged to. They mirrored each other's shock perfectly, wide eyes exchanging alarmed, silent conversation that was quickly cut short when the ceiling finally gave.

The thick plaster hit the floor with an ear-splitting crash. It roused both Rin and Diego out of their temporary comas and they wearily began pushing their ways to their feet. It should have taken them a minute to count any injuries but the house waited for no one.

It rumbled and cracked and fell at random, forcing the three to keep moving. Rin's head pounded but she let Klaus grab her arm and sling his other one underneath Diego's, hauling them along. "Come on, guys. Come on." He chanted. It was more of a motivation for himself, still thoroughly shocked by what just happened - and that no one but him was aware that it did.