𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 || 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

— ❝ I DIDN'T THINK ANYONE COULD GET THAT PALE WITHOUT BEING DEAD ❞

☂︎

Diego gave his sister a knowing smirk as he slapped a smaller knife into her open palm. He slid one of his own out of the back of his harness and flung one straight into the chest of one of the men. Rin stayed down, creating a stack of small knives when the lights suddenly cut out.

There was a relieving second of silence. Confusion riddled both parties, but it gave them a chance to suit up. Luther held a bowling ball to his chest and waited for the right moment. The man jumped up and threw the thing like a baseball, knocking another one down.

Rin made around fifteen knives when her arm started to tingle. A sign that she was reaching her limit. Her energy was getting low. So she stole two from the pile and peered over the countertop, noting where the shooters were positioned. Then she hurled two blades into two of the attackers' chests.

"Nice shot." Diego bumped Rin's shoulder with his gloved fist before throwing another one of his own knives at them. Luther grabbed another bowling ball. Klaus reached for the birthday cake that sat on the far counter, lowering it into his lap.

He threw the cake with all of his might, screaming as it flew and smashed into one's mask, simultaneously blinding him and knocking him into the guys that surrounded him. Rin took her chances with sending two knives into one, dropping at least five in a row down to the ground, each one cold.

Still, the bullets had no end.

"They're blocking the exit!" Klaus hardly noticed Allison's hand beating against his hip, her gaze locked ahead of her.

"What's your plan now, Luther?" Diego called out. Luther's eyes were trained curiously on Allison, her arm furiously flailing towards the bowling lanes.

Shit. "The lanes! Go!" The family bolted towards what felt like their only escape, bullets nipping at the backs of their shoes. Rin slid past the pins and lowered herself onto her feet in the back, helping Luther fit his shoulders through the small space. He hurried her towards the door, wrapping his arm around her head as he lowered himself to avoid the bullets. "Let's go!"

They filed out of the back door, barely escaping their nth attack that week. "We need to get to the theater. Now." Rin panted, prompting her siblings to book it down the street towards what could be the very end of the world.

☂︎

Cars lined the streets nearly half a block down from the Icarus Theater itself, which was glowing with the life of a hopeful concert about to happen. A few people ushered themselves inside ahead of the family, scurrying with a 'fashionably late' haste. The excitement in their polite passes towards Rin while they held the door open for her made her want to vomit.

They had no idea what they were walking into.

Rin wanted to warn them, truly. She wanted to tell them to turn their backs to this place and run as far as their shiny, expensive stilettos and polished Oxfords could take them. The words never had the chance to even form in her throat before the crowd continued on through the second pair of double doors that led into the center of the theater itself. Beautiful, ghastly music floated through the open space and it sent a chill down the girl's spine.