𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐓𝐒 & 𝐈𝐂𝐄-𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒

I'M NOT LISTENING TO HIS DUMB ASS.

☂︎

"I think I found our guy." Rin mumbled through her concentration, Diego swiveling to look back and Klaus staring into the right side mirror. There was no mistaking it with his suit. It was the same color and he was the same size. And he was heading towards a light blue four-door with a giddy smile on his face.

"I know that guy!" Klaus slurred excitedly, squinting into the car's side mirror. Rin looked down at her brother and scoffed.

"How could you possibly know-"

"He and a really angry lady tortured me. I barely got out with my life."

The girl recalled that after the incident at the Academy, she couldn't find Klaus anywhere. And it wasn't because he had wandered out looking for drugs or anything at all. He had been kidnapped and held hostage by the people who nearly killed them all.

Rin silently wondered if he was let go after none of them went looking for him or if he actually managed to escape. She glanced down at his army green vest and, against her better judgment, went with the latter.

Diego pushed his elbow into Rin's stomach, sending her stumbling into the backseat. "Seatbelts on, I'm goin' after him." He started the car, his eyes never leaving the guy's baby blue car as he drove off.

☂︎

"What is that?" Rin rested her chin on the back of Klaus' cushioned seat, eyeing a small device Diego was fiddling with. One one a small piece, no bigger than the size of a quarter, and the other was a blocky little transmitter. A tracker. Rin exclaimed when it dawned on her, slightly impressed with her brother. "Go get 'em, Batman. I'll scream if I see them comin' for you."

Diego huffed as his sister obnoxiously smacked his shoulder as he exited. Without another word, he bolted to their car, swiftly planting the device underneath the blue station wagon. His sister kept true to her word, glancing attentively from window to window.

He snuck back into the vehicle, mimicking the girl's watchful stance. They both caught movement in one of the second story windows, Rin excitedly drummed on Diego's arm, ignoring his vicious swats. "Holy shit, it's them."

The woman, her face not clear behind the window's harsh glare, swung their curtains closed. They knew they were there.

"Bingo." Diego began shuffling through the knives in the grey case he had, sliding new ones into his body harness and thigh straps. Rin observed the smaller blades that would be easier for her to grab and throw, replicating a few of them and concealing them in the sides of her boots and along her belt.

Klaus watched them carelessly, taking a drink from his tequila bottle. "You guys do realize that killing these people is not gonna make you feel any better." His words slurred as he headed for another swig.

"Yeah, but when it's done," Diego snapped a dagger into its holster, "We're gonna sleep like babies."

The two vigilantes perched themselves at their windows, freezing when the motel clerk stopped at their door and knocked. He had a folded piece of paper in his hand. The door swung open halfway and a hand snagged it. It closed and the man walked away.