𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

— ❝ CUTE BUTT, NICE LEGS 

☂︎

"You're here to kill me?" Five climbed back up onto his stool, leaning back against the counter and taking a sip of his drink. Beside him, Rin's mouth was stuck wide open, panicked eyes darting between the two.

Hazel glanced down towards the weapon in his hand and his eyebrows shot up. "Oh, shit. Sorry. Old habits." The man uncocked the gun and slid it into the back of his waistband, smoothing his blazer out. "I can understand why you might feel that way, you know..."

Five nodded curtly. "Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill our family, and kidnapped my brother." He gave Hazel a tight-lipped smile. One that reached nowhere near his eyes.

Hazel's arms flew up with defeat and he sighed. "There's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget, I'm not the only killer in the room. You both have got your own bloody histories," He noticed the sudden turn of Rin's head. "Oh, yeah, I know all about what happened in 2029. Speaking of which, that job you-" The man went back to Five. "-did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you, after all-"

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five abruptly cut him off, his patience evidently beginning to dwindle. The man began to explain his motives, none of which Rin particularly cared for when she saw a black blur dart in from the entryway. She didn't dare warn the man, but leaned back and watched Diego sink his foot into his back, sending Hazel into a heap on the ground.

"Diego, stop!" Five shouted. As if Diego would listen.

"Let's just watch 'em hash it out for a minute, hm?" Rin suggested, nudging Five's side with her elbow. He huffed out an exhausted breath, shooting daggers at the girl. All the while, Diego landed kick after kick and blow after blow to Hazel's head.

Five rolled his eyes when he realized the girl was watching the fight like it was a national wrestling match. "You know, before you kill him, you might wanna hear what he has to say." Hazel managed to ding Diego in the gut, knocking him down. The man was up in the blink of an eye, unsheathing a knife from his thigh holster.

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch." Diego muttered through gritted teeth. He launched himself at Hazel, swinging the knife around wildly. In the split second Hazel had to dodge, he gave Rin and Five a wide-eyed stare, hoping one of them would come to his rescue.

"Or don't. See how that goes." Five spun his straw around in his glass, shaking his head. Diego was relentless, narrowly missing Hazel with his blade. The poor man hopped and craned himself out of the way, all the while calling out to the kids at the bar for help.

Hazel caught Diego's fist in the middle of a punch, but it allowed his other hand to grab another knife and sink it into the man's left thigh. Both Rin and Five's faces scrunched up, teeth baring as they hissed from Hazel's gut-wrenching scream. The two continued to go after each other like animals, punching and kicking.

Hazel barely managed to get Diego into a hold, wrapping his arms around him to keep him still when Diego went in for a nasty bite to his ear. Rin's eyes went wide, hardly noticing Five blinking himself onto the couch behind them. He held a glass vase over his head and brought it down hard onto the back of Diego's head. His brother fell to the ground, knocked out cold. "I draw the line at biting." Five rounded the couch, his limp still evident from his wound as he went back to the counter. "Hazel, whatever it is you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick before he comes 'round."