𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

YOU THINK HE'S IN THE CLOSET?

─── ⋆⋅☂︎⋅⋆ ───

    RIN DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE WOKEN by Allison early in the morning, a startled crease in her forehead. All she had said was to get dressed and come find her, that there was something she needed to see. So Rin rubbed the sleep from her eyes, checked her wounds from the night before in her vanity mirror, and slipped on a plain black t-shirt and pair of denim shorts.

She found Allison leaning against the railing to the grand staircase, arms locked around her waist like she was cold, despite her gray knit sweater that hung off of her shoulders. Her gaze was locked on something right in front of her, brown eyes unblinking. Then Rin realized why.

Grace's lifeless body sat motionless in her sewing chair, her head tilted creepily to the side. Her left arm had been turned upwards and cut open, wiring sliced apart. Her usually bright ocean blue eyes had gone gray and dull and empty.

Rin hadn't realized that she had been standing just as still until a heavy hand fell onto her shoulder. She startled and whirled around to see Luther at her side, offering a sympathetic nod.

"Mom." Rin knelt at her mother's side, teary eyes frantically looking for something that would reactivate her. Maybe she was still salvageable. Was she? "Who did this?"

"The two guys last night. The ones with the masks. They did this to her."

Rin's forehead fell into Grace's cold lap and she struggled to take a steady breath. First her wife and now her mother. Why were they doing this to her?

"It has to do with Five somehow. They were looking for him." Allison said, chewing at her fingernail.

"Five? They said him specifically?" Rin asked, meeting her sister's eyes. Allison quickly nodded, brows furrowing.

"Yeah, they said they were here for 'the boy.' Why?" The question had a trace of accusation to it and she suddenly stiffened up when Rin turned away. "Why?" She repeated, tone more stern this time.

Rin licked her lips. There was no way to hide it anymore. It wasn't fair to them.

"They knew me. One of them said my name — well, my other name. The one I used in the other timeline." She waited to see if they would ask questions. They didn't. "They killed my family, including Muffin, while they were hunting me down. There are more of them. I guess this time they're here for Five."

Neither Allison or Luther knew where to begin. A part of them felt resentment towards Rin being a possible suspect as to why this happened, but another part of them, a bigger part, felt sympathy for her losses. She wouldn't indulge on who she lost but they knew Muffin was the most important thing to her when she was little.

Their faces went grim at the thought of this happening again. Their family was in danger and they had only a few tiny puzzle pieces as to why.

Allison shook her head. "My God, Diego's gonna be devastated." She mumbled, staring at their dead mother.

Rin sniffled and swiped at her damp eyes, climbing to her feet. Her siblings watched her with curiosity. "I've gotta go find him. If it was even a tiny bit my fault that this happened..." Rin trailed off, her throat tightening. "I have to go."