𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘

I LIKED YOU BETTER BEFORE YOU GOT LAID

☂︎

The rest of them weren't far behind Diego, probably having taken a similar route to the lanes. They met inside of the place, seated in a grim circle around a free lane. It was almost empty, just a group of children enjoying a birthday party over in the next spot.

A solemn silence surrounded them when no one quite knew what to say. Five and Rin couldn't say anything, really. Their faces still burned red and they maintained an awkward distance from each other in their seats, despite their chairs being a hair apart. Diego's knowing stare met theirs every once in a while.

"Look," Luther spoke up. "I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to be prepared."

"For what?" Diego asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya." Allison struck Luther's chest with her notebook, glaring at him. The bandage on her neck prevented her from tearing him a new one, unfortunately. "We may not have a choice, Allison." He defended himself.

"Bullshit." Diego broke in. "There's always options."

"Yeah, like what?" Five challenged. It was Rin's turn to strike, slapping his shoulder with all of her strength. Which wasn't much after the night's events. But it was enough to get the girl's point across, along with the scowl that followed.

"Whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya first. And fast. She could be anywhere." Luther rose to his feet, frowning at his family.

Klaus unfolded the newspaper he had stolen from Five, his eyes landing on something worth noting. "Or... here." He held the flimsy thing up. "Look at this." They gathered around the man, squinting at the paper to see a small but prominent ad in the top corner of one of the pages for an orchestra concert.

With Vanya as the first chair star.

"That's right. Her concert is tonight." Diego mumbled. Rin scoffed next to Five, pointing at the bold, large white text that read $25 general admission. "I don't have that kind of money." She pouted.

"Hello." A sweet voice made them whirl around in surprise. A woman with a Super Star employee shirt on and a slick brown ponytail smiled at them, but something told them her message wouldn't match its kindness. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave." With a toss up of her hands, she spun around and left.

Luther grunted, picking a bowling ball up and throwing it like a bean bag blindly behind him. It bounced loudly, landing him a strike two lanes over. Rin cheered, contrasting the glare the man was murdering the manager with.

Allison held her notebook up again with pleading eyes.

She's our sister.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We have a responsibility to Dad." Luther said sternly. Diego whirled around.

"To Dad? No, I've had enough about-" The man began angrily.

"He sacrificed everything to bring us back together." Luther glared back.

"I'm with Luther on this one." Five spoke up. "We can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake, we're past just trying to save one." He ignored the daggers Rin was staring into the side of his face. He stood his ground firmly. So Rin would do the same. She rose to her feet and filled the empty seat next to Diego's, crossing her arms against her chest out of rebellion.