𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐊

I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT, WAS I?

☂︎

"How's your head?" Allison slid a paper cup of coffee into her sister's lithe fingers, rubbing a soothing hand along her back where she laid face down on the bar's countertop in her pink silk pajamas. It was the position she had kept all morning with her face nestled into the crook of her elbow. The girl claimed it had healing powers.

"I can hear the church bells." She droned flatly, her voice muffled by the tabletop. The warm cup seemed to wake her up and she gracelessly rolled onto her back and lowered her chin to her chest to take a sip.

Luther's face was riddled with concern next to her. "You might have a concussion. What's today?" He quizzed her. Rin set the cup down and exhaled with dramatic satisfaction, waving her brother off haughtily.

"It's 2007, dummy." She eyed the way everyone stiffened up and exchanged horrified glances. Then her body began convulsing with laughter, though she instantly regretted it and clutched her pounding head. "It's Wednesday." She gasped and propped herself up onto her elbows, ignoring her head rush. "The world ends in three days, huh?"

Allison pulled another cup out of the cardboard holder she carried and handed it to Luther. She clicked her tongue. "Three days?" She sounded skeptical.

"That's what Five said." Luther shrugged.

Klaus sat on the ground in front of the sofa to the side near the liquor cabinet, Diego on the one right across from him. His left arm had been put into a sling to help his wound heal. Rin had rambled on about how they were 'matching' and pointed to her own bandage on her bicep while Allison held an ice pack to her head the night before. Though she didn't remember any of it after she woke up.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it. He just left out how soon." Klaus interjected, shuffling to accept his cup.

"All this apocalypse talk, blah blah blah. Can I get one day off? I just got back." Rin tumbled off of the counter and began raiding their father's special liquor cabinet. Her siblings thought to pull her away from it but it was the most concentrated they had seen her all morning. She grabbed the neck of a half-full gin bottle and popped the top off of her coffee cup, pouring as much of the spirit as she could into it before it overflowed.

Allison winced as the girl downed a heavy gulp, forcing herself to look away to keep a gag down. "Can we really trust Five? I don't know if you guys have noticed, but he's a little..." She whistled like a cuckoo clock and twirled a finger next to her blonde curls. Rin hummed into her drink.

"My little psycho." She cooed sweetly, nearly making Klaus sputter a laugh. Her siblings' faces morphed with repulsion. She paid no mind, hypnotized by the center of her cup.

"Look, he sounded pretty convincing. If he wasn't trying to stop the apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him." Luther explained.

"That's why they were after him?" Diego asked. His tone held less accusation than usual.

"Ding ding ding!" Rin's finger flew up as she climbed back onto the counter, dangling her feet over the edge. Her amused little chuckle was only shared with herself.

"What did Five even see?" Allison asked, staring at Luther for an answer. Rin's eyes went wide when she remembered what Five had told them in Diego's flat the day before. Luther hummed, anxious to tell them the truth. He glanced at his sister and gave her a look that told her 'don't say a word.'