𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐌

DID BEN JUST SWAYZE THAT MOTHERFUCKER?

☂︎

"How the hell did these lunatics find us?" Rin scrambled underneath the row of seats in front of her, the tiny space allowing her some shelter. Bullets ricocheted off of the faux golden arm guards, the never-ending clinking of metal on metal like tiny bombs going off in her ears. From over the guard Luther was pressed against she could see the orchestra, appearing to have snapped out of their hypnosis, making mad dashes every which way with their instruments swinging at their sides.

Yet even without the swelling hymn behind Vanya's violin, the song didn't falter in volume nor did her sister waver in her pointed strokes of the bow. The radiation of her power that was strengthening with each passing second trapped the woman in her own little bubble. White eyes were trained on her instrument and only that.

Rin tried to swallow any doubt that began to rise in her throat and she told herself that that wasn't Vanya. It couldn't be.

She caught a faint scoff coming from Diego, who must have ducked in between two rows of seats at random once he heard the first shot. "Klaus is on lookout, are you really surprised?" Even amongst the chaos, Rin found her brother's stupefied glare and returned it with a roll of her eyes. The girl curled back into herself and momentarily locked eyes with Luther who held the same unsurprised expectancy in a tight frown.

Shot after shot rang out in the huge theater and Rin dared a glance beyond her only shield to try to find an opening in the armored wall that was slowly but surely closing in on them. Her eyes darted to each of the clusters of men costumed in thick gear and gas mask looking doohickeys when an eruption of blue in the middle of the aisle in front of her took her by surprise.

"What's with all the lollygagging?" A voice that instantly warmed Rin from the inside out demanded. Five started to take a step down the red carpet, but he was tackled into the neighboring row before two bullets could sink clean into his head - courtesy of the several snipers perched up in the balconies.

Thankfully Rin was able to keep most of her weight from landing directly on top of him, her palms plastered to the cold ground on either side of Five's head. If it hadn't been for the situation, the position might have brought color to their faces but for now it only rendered them frozen in place. That was until a round plunged right into the wooden back of the seat in front of them, narrowly missing Rin's cheek.

Five's hand clasped around the back of her neck and he yanked her against his chest with a hiss of a curse. Cautiously maneuvering the girl, he lifted himself to his knees and crawled to the edge of the aisle to get a better view of what was happening. He brushed over Luther's stunned expression and almost managed to ignore it when the man shouted, "Are you two done canoodling?" Five found Luther's exasperated eyes. "I thought you bailed on us." He admitted.

"I had an errand to run." Five dodged any further explanation but everyone was too caught up in the shootout to even begin to push for more. Rin slid up behind him, risking a peek at the surrounding gunmen. She spotted several of them filing down one of the back staircases to the ground floor, guns locked and loaded at their sides. "This is not good." Five muttered when he caught sight of it over her shoulder, barely loud enough for Diego to hear a couple of rows down.

"You know these guys?" His brother questioned warily. Again, there was that barely noticeable undertone of accusation in his voice, but this time it was justified. Especially when Five answered with a curt confirmation. Diego's head slumped past his shoulders with a defeated sigh. "And?" He prompted.