𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒

— ❝ I JUST GOT THE CRAZIEST DEJA VU RIGHT NOW. 

☂︎

"Vanya got a boyfriend? When did that happen?" Rin mumbled to herself, shaking her head with disbelief as Allison sauntered back to the bar.

"I'm gonna go find her and explain." She decided as she started to head after Vanya, who had stormed out moments earlier.

"There's no time!" Luther urged. The woman slowed to a stop and stayed, as much as the voice in her head told her not to. "We need to figure out what causes the apocalypse. There are loads of possibilities. Nuclear war, asteroids. But I'm thinking this is about the Moon, right? Dad must have sent me up there for a reason - I mean, I was giving him daily updates and field samples." Rin buried her face into her hands and stifled a whine. "The first thing we need to do is find his research."

"Wait, hold the phone." Klaus' hand sprung up and Luther paused his bedtime story. Thankfully. "We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?"

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point." Diego chimed in, tossing his knife up a few feet above his hand. Klaus rolled his eyes. "What gives us a win this time?"

"Holy shit." Rin's sudden interjection mid-chew hushed her siblings in a second and they regarded her warily, unsure if her concussion was talking. But her rigid face and wide eyes that darted around the room had them uneasy. "I just got the craziest deja vu right now."

"Deja vu?" Klaus parroted curiously.

"Deja vu." She nodded. "That thing you get when you feel like you've already experienced something-"

A loud bang echoed throughout the room and a blinding light flashed over the bar. Rin stumbled away from the bar and right into Diego, who caught her with his free arm before she could fall backwards.

The blue portal that opened in the center of them was unmistakable. A figure emerged from the middle of it and crashed loudly onto the countertop, a briefcase tucked underneath his body to pillow his head. Rin's eyes blew wide.

"Five?" Rin shrieked.

"Oh, good, you see him too." Klaus slurred as he gathered himself to his feet. "I thought I was still high."

The boy rolled off of the tabletop and would have fallen to his ground if Allison and Luther didn't catch his arms in time. "Where have you been? Who did this?" Luther interrogated him frantically.

"Are you okay?" Allison tagged on, helping him to his feet.

Five caught himself on the bar and steadied himself. "Irrelevant." He muttered as he snagged the coffee cup from Allison's hand and broke past them, nearly downing the drink in no more than four gulps.

Dust covered him from head to toe and his hair was beyond a pat down, ruffled and riddled with odd debris. When he spun back around, his eyes were bloodshot and frenzied. "The apocalypse is in three days." Five began. "The only chance we have to save the world is, well, us." He didn't sound all too thrilled about it.

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther whispered hopefully, eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously. So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let it define us?"