𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇

I'M GOING THROUGH PUBERTY! TWICE.

─── ⋆⋅☂︎⋅⋆ ───

    THE LIBRARY WAS MASSIVE, AT LEAST five stories filled with books and free technology. And hopefully Five. The three stepped inside, sighing deeply.

"Let's split up." Luther suggested, pointing to three separate routes they could go. Rin left, Diego center, Luther right.

Diego scoffed. "Wow. Great thinking." He still took his path, leaving his siblings behind. Rin searched her side of the first floor, slowly climbing up to the fourth floor where she found her brothers, all empty handed.

They had searched high and low, yet there was no sign of Five.

"Anything?" The larger man asked the other two. He earned two grumbled negatives in reply, to which he sighed and whirled around to continue his search.

Rin trudged towards the shelf she had come from, beginning to lose hope that he was still here.

"You wanna know why I left?" Diego asked, his eyes trained on his brother's back. Luther slowly turned back around, regrouping with the two. Rin lingered around, unsure if it would lead to another argument. She was also curious as to what happened that caused her family's drift.

"What are you talking about?" Luther asked cluelessly.

"Why I left the Academy."

"Yeah, 'cause you couldn't handle me being Number One."

Diego stifled a chuckle, rolling his eyes. "No, because that's what you do when you're seventeen. You move out, become your own person. You grow up."

"Oh, yeah. You're a real grown up." Luther snapped sassily. Rin pinched her temples, groaning to herself. The two really were insufferable and never learned anything since.

"We don't have time for this, you guys." Rin's whine was ignored by the boys, their bickering unrelenting. She would have pressed them further had it not been for a loud snicker coming from the other side of the building.

She gripped the metal guard, squinting to find the source of the girl's voice. "Where are his parents?" It was in the same tone as the laugh and instantly she knew it was about Five. Unless there happened to be some other attention attracting child roaming the library. She just needed to locate whoever it was to get her answer.

"Guys." She waved a frantic hand in her brothers' direction, praying they would pull their heads out of their asses for just a second. Rin groaned when they hadn't noticed her, not wanting to wait up for them, either. "Guys! I think I found him!" Indifferent to whether they heard her or not, she jogged around to the third floor, scanning each face.

"I'm gonna call security." A library worker stood around the corner, head shaking and phone in hand. She stared at something on the floor obscured by the solid metal guard and Rin broke into a fast jog.

"Diego! Luther!" The girl called over her shoulder when her eyes met a drunken Five, slumped down in the corner of the rail with his arm slung over a mannequin's top half, hand loosely holding onto the neck of an empty bottle.

The librarian shushed her loudly, to which Rin replied a mocking, childish raspberry. "Bite me." Rin mumbled as her brothers approached, their steps screeching to a halt when they laid eyes on their brother. The woman stomped off upon seeing the larger men, angrily muttering about 'kids these days.'