𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

HEY, DICKHEAD!

── ⋆⋅☂︎⋅⋆ ──

    THE MAN DEFLECTED THE FIRST BLOW with his own weapon, nearly knocking Rin off of her feet. She caught herself on the counter, but couldn't react in time to the punch that landed on her jaw and threw her to the other side. This time, she had nothing to grab onto and bounced off of the marble.

"You look familiar." The bear mask said, head cocking gently to the side as he strode towards her. Rin swiped at her bloody lip with a breathy laugh.

"I'm pretty sure I'd remember if we met." Between gritted teeth, she lunged at him with another swing, this time landing it perfectly. The iron ball smacked his left bicep and he stumbled onto the bar's counter, knocking over a few glasses.

He groaned, knowing the spike may have sliced him. It did, telling by the blood that marked his suit's sleeve. But he wasn't down yet. Rin's fingers gripped the wood tighter and she gulped, watching his back straighten.

He was, as observed before, double her size and she suddenly feared for her life. But she refused to run. She wound her arm up and made another swing, the ball nearly coming into contact with his head. He reacted just in time, catching the chain with his forearm and grabbing onto the other end of the long handle, tearing it from Rin's grasp.

She gasped, now defenseless. "I do know you. Lyla Stone." The name made the girl's blood run ice cold. "Or Rin Hargreeves. You look younger than I thought you'd be. Like your brother." Her mouth opened but no sound came out. The man took a step forward and a punch landed in the middle of her stomach, stealing the air from her lungs. She collapsed onto her back, gasping for a decent breath.

"How do you know that name?" The girl scrambled backwards, hands sliding on the tile from how clammy they were. "How!" She demanded weakly.

Lyla Stone had been the name she went by in the other timeline to avoid any suspicion and cut any connection with her original self. She hadn't told anyone about her alternate identity in this timeline, at least, to her knowledge. And then it clicked.

The suit. The uniform. It started to look familiar and then the realization hit Rin like a truck. It was the exact same as the men who murdered her wife and cat in cold blood. It belonged to the people who had hunted her for twenty-four years after she landed in that timeline.

"You." Her legs kicked helplessly against the cold tile floor, scuffing it instead of pushing her further backwards. She peered over her shoulder, noticing the gun that Allison had kicked out of his hands near her left hand. Before the man had time to realize it was in reach of her, she had the barrel aimed towards his chest, cocking it. "You killed Violet. I thought I killed you! I thought I-"

"Hello?" A timid voice called out from within the foyer.

Vanya.

Rin turned to call out to her sister, to warn her, and in that moment of vulnerability, the guy had kicked the gun out of her hands and her cheek met the heel of his shoe. She groaned when she hit the floor, trying to find the strength to get up.

"Vanya!" Her voice was partially muffled by the ground. She heard her sister's footsteps running towards her, unaware that her attacker was still in the room. Vanya would get herself killed if she ran into the guy. She was completely defenseless against him. She had not a single power and knew nothing about fighting. "Run!"