𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋

I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOUR TINY ASS KEEP DOING THAT.

── ⋆⋅☂︎⋅⋆ ──

RIN SCOFFED TO HERSELF, PUSHING OFF of Five's rather comfortable bed to her feet and trailed closely behind him. He was heading towards the living room, steady pace not faltering even as Rin nearly trampled on his heels.

"I haven't seen you for twenty-five years, Five." Rin stomped into the empty living room. "A 'Hello!' or even an 'I missed you!' would be greatly appreciated-" She came to a halt, nearly stumbling backwards as Five whirled around to face her. His eyes, not so hardened anymore, stared back into hers.

"I missed you. Okay? Why else do you think I came back? I could have easily spent the rest of my days in the timeline I was in, leaving you guys to..." he trailed off, catching himself before he spilled too much. He drew in a long sigh, tossing his head back to calm himself down, "I'm here now, aren't I?" He wouldn't turn back around until Rin nodded as confidently as she could.

Once he was sure she had settled herself down, he shifted his attention to the portrait above the fireplace. Rin let him stare in silence, taking a seat on the couch. She debated on grabbing another drink, her empty glass still sitting on the countertop.

The sound of footsteps approaching in the foyer made her look, wondering who could be coming this way. Vanya timidly stepped into view of the archway, softly smiling at Rin before approaching her brother. He didn't say anything at first. His gaze was still wandering over the painting.

"Nice to see Dad never forgot about me." He acknowledged his sister. "I read your book, by the way. I found it in a library that was still standing." Five walked around Vanya who stood completely still, only following him with her eyes. "I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. Definitely ballsy. Giving up the family secrets."

Vanya ducked her head down shyly.

"Sure that went over well."

"They hate me." Vanya glanced over at her sister, sitting awkwardly next to where Five stood. She watched the two talk, unsure if she should stay or give them some privacy.

"There are worse things that can happen." Five said.

"Like what happened to Ben?" Vanya retorted quietly.

Rin's head snapped up, her eyes wide like a lightbulb burst inside her head. Ben. She finally realized that she hadn't seen him at the funeral, nor had any of her siblings spoken about him since her arrival. She anticipated a simple explanation; that he had gotten so fed up with Dad after he left that even the announcement of his death couldn't bring him back into this house. It wouldn't be surprising.

Ben Hargreeves, their Number Six, was the scariest one in the family. His ability was cherished by Reginald but feared by himself. He absolutely despised using it, which built the resentment he had towards their father exponentially every time he was forced to. Hell, the way his ability was studied was probably far worse than how Rin's was.

Ben was one of Rin's favorite siblings because of it - most of the time. He definitely had his moments as her brother. Every week, one of the Hargreeves would become either his accomplice or victim in his masterminded pranks.

She remembered the time the brat trained Muffin over the course of several months to actually start pouncing on her head whenever she walked into her bedroom, the poor cat thinking it was treat-worthy behavior. Rin refused to step foot in that room for almost a week after the first occurrence. Ben and Diego had crashed to the ground howling when they saw the aftermath of their handiwork.