Incident

...

Izuku groaned as he watched his teacher pass out sheets of paper with different highschool's on them and their ranks.

"While I know you're all going to UA Its still good to look at other options"
The teacher smiled brightly.

"Don't lump me in with these rejects, they'd be lucky to end up as sidekicks to d-lister heroes.
I'm the real deal, my quirk is better than all!"
Bakugo sneered as he angered his classmates.

"Hey we have strong quirks too!"

"Stop boosting your ego it'd already inflated enough!"

"Okay but Midoriya could still beat you"

The loudest shout happened to be the last one.
Izuku internally groaned, while he and Katsuki were "friends" Katsuki wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to prove his strength.

Midoriya, despite his wishes, was one of the better known kids of the middle school.
His little fame came from how strong his telekinesis was and how he could keep Bakugo in check.

He and Bakugo were put in the same rank of power because of this.

Izuku knew better than to try to make bakugo his enemy.
While he could easily kill him with the flick of a finger, there were a couple benefits he got from posing as his "friend".

There were the obvious reasons like how if they weren't friends there would be constant fights over who was stronger because of Bakugo.

"Deku.

Fight me"
Bakugo said eager as he turned around.
He had come up with the nickname after noticing the last couple letters of his name could be read that way.
It didn't have any particular meaning, just a shortened version of izuku for convenience.

The class began to chant for the 2 of them fight, Midoriya internally groaned as he stared down the teacher who seemed to be panicking.

"Class..!
Class!
Class.
We do not encourage fighting!

Quiet down and let me continue on with the process of your selection."

The class let out disappointed sighs as they quieted down and allowed the teacher to continue.

The rest of the day went to helping all the graduating middle schoolers select their highschools.

Izuku ended up selecting UA after Bakugo's persuading.
He was told how the school would offer the best education even for those not aiming to become heroes.

But Katsuki didn't know izuku wasn't interested in becoming a hero.

Especially with how much Midoriya analyzed heroes, to him it didn't make sense why he'd do such a thing if he weren't trying to become a hero.

"I'll go to UA and join the hero course specifically just so I know how they teach the incoming heroes.

I'll have an upper edge against them when it comes down to it.

But I actually have to get into the class for that to be possible.
Ugh"

Izuku packed up his things and was getting ready to leave, Bakugo waited despite izuku telling him multiple times that he could just leave.

There was obviously something bakugo was itching to talk about.

Izuku sighed as he grabbed his bag and walked out the door with Bakugo who then started with his talking.

"You have to get into the hero course with me.
Your quirk is strong enough to pass the entrance exam, it wouldn't make any sense if you didn't get into the class.