22 years ago............

Elizabeth POV

22 years ago .

I was wandering outside my family's  garden, it was a fair size at the front and the back of the house.
The back garden had a path leading into the forest , I was told not to ever walk into the woods by my parents, But I was curious to we're it led.

I could see my mom through the kitchen window smiling back at me, then she carried on cooking our Sunday lunch, my father had locked himself in the study working again, he was a busy man owing a major computer firm but I couldn't help feel jealous sometimes of how much time he would give to the firm.
But now all I could think about is that it's a perfect opportunity to investigate the forestry.

It was a long walk up a steep hill, lots of tall trees very intimating, made me feel so small. I eventually reached the top of the hill to an open space with a beautiful lake , it was summer and the sun shining made the lake glisten.
I looked at my reflection I was wearing a white dress with a green sash that matched my eyes, I had very long dark hair and rosy cheeks, I looked a lot like my mother.

Then I heard a noise across the other side of the lake, I could see a group of boys what looked like play fighting, they were teenagers . I kept staring , then my eyes met these piercing blue ones, one of the older boys who seemed to be in charge looked at me.

He was taller than the rest, wavy dark blond hair, but the eyes they were striking. we stood there looking at each other from a distance which felt like a lifetime, then he just smiled at me, it made me melt. Then I could hear screaming.....