Chapter Eighteen ......... Sugar Loaf Cottage

Chapter Eighteen Cottage

Elizabeth POV

It had been a week since the phone call, I took Liam, Nia and Alex to my dad's suite he would use while he was in London working, it was on the top floor with a lovely view of the city. I didn't have time to book a place to stay only the first plane back to London. There was plenty of rooms to accommodate everyone.

I went to see my father as soon as I could, he was lying in his hospital bed resting. It helped that Liam came to London with me, he spoke to the doctors that were looking after him. The doctors explained that Mr. Artwell was in a meeting when he felt a sharp pain in his chest and was brought straight to hospital, the doctors used medication to breakdown the blood clots, he will be giving medication to take home when all the tests come back, but he is stable and resting, they explained that his lifestyle needs to be changed, his diet, drinking and smoking cigars, and a rest from work. I sat by the side of my father's bed holding his hand, Liam was sitting opposite me. My dad started to come around and looked straight at me.

"Elizabeth, my beautiful girl" he always called me by my first name, like someone else but I try not to think of him.

"Hi Dad, how are you feeling?"

"Better now where is my grandson?"

"Your driver and assistant William took Alex and his friend Nia out for a walk and ice cream while we were watching you"

"We?" he looked confused

"yes, Liam is a close friend that I met in Montana, he came here with me and Alex, with his daughter Nia"

"A friend?"

"YES, he is also a doctor, I work for him?"

My dad raised his hand to shake with Liam.

"pleasure to meet you Mr. Artwell"

Liam looked nervous

"thank you for being a good friend and employer to my daughter? you have gone above and beyond your duties coming all the way here?"

"I haven' t known Lizzie long, but as everyone that meets her knows, once you talk to her and let her in your heart it's never going to be the same, I have the highest respect and love for your daughter. And I mean this on a friend maybe a brother and sister relationship sir?" he said nervously

"My Elizabeth is very lucky to have you, and call me Harrison, not Mr. or sir?"

"thank you, s... Harrison"

"How long have I got to stay here for?"

"not sure waiting for more results to come back?"

"no need to rush back dad?"

"there is? I would like to spend my time with my family while they are here? how long are you staying?"

"however long it takes for you to get on the mend"

"what about your work... and surgery?" can't believe Liam said that, I wouldn't want him to give my dad false hope

"it will be alright, I need a break it's been a long time coming, chance to spend time with Nia as well, take her sightseeing in London"

"Very good, lots to see in London then maybe we should go to the cottage, I like to rest and it's more like home there, it's Elizabeth's favorite place, be nice for Liam and Nia to explore the countryside as well"