Chapter Twelve........ The Barbecue

Chapter Twelve -The Barbecue

Elizabeth POV

It was late afternoon and I was sitting outside by the pack house garden, it was a big garden that joined onto the woods, there we're lots of tables and chairs, Alicia was busy laying out the tables with salads and bread rolls, while Eric was standing at the front of the large stone built barbecue, I never seen a barbecue that size before. there were lots of steaks, chicken breasts and sausages cooking it smelt good.

There was about thirty people talking and lots of little children running around including Alex, Nia and Willis.

I was sat down, Liam brought two plates of food over for the both of us.

"Hope you're hungry"

"I am a little"

"need to do better than that L Bear?"

We smiled at each other and started to eat while watching everyone, I kept thinking about Newman I couldn't see him and deep down part of me wanted to come to the barbecue just to see him, which I knew this was pathetic but there's a side of me that wanted and needed to see him, for him to hold me and see me more than just a lover but something special not a weak human or a one night stand, because I now realize that was not me and I was attracted to Newman from the very start and wanted him.

"Lizzie, Lizzie" Alicia ran to my side

"hi?"

"could you help me, Eric is going to his office to make a call so I'm cooking the meat, would you chop some vegetables up for the salad in the kitchen"

"yeah, shall I start now?"

"thank you"

I was finishing the vegetables when Olivia walked in.

"Hi, would you like me take these out" Olivia pointed to the salad bowls

"yes, thanks Olivia not just for helping with these but for being nice since I'm not flavor of the month with the other girls"

"don' t worry about them, your special to Liam so that makes you special to us?"

"and I really like you, maybe we could go shopping would love for you to pick a dress for me to go to the fayre next week?"

"I would love too"

"Cool, I will message you"

"you don't have my mobile number?"

"I asked Liam earlier" Olivia smiled and walked out

I was on my own in the kitchen when Newman walked in.

"Are you busy?"

"No, just finished"

"Follow me" he turned around and walked through a corridor

"I'll follow then" I was trying to keep up

Newman opened a large dark oak door, it was a large office with a dark wooden desk and chair with built-in library looked like a lot of antique books, the desk was cluttered with paperwork and looked like floor plan of a house.

Newman sat at the desk and indicated for me to sit on the chair opposite, I sat on the chair, Newman was quiet like he was thinking something, then handed the plans to me.

"These are the plans for Willow Creek"

I looked at them but wasn't sure how to make them out, Newman caught on to this, sat closer to me.

"This the first floor, the kitchen which has an extension made from glass where you could put table and chairs in.

this part is a study room then this is restroom and a very large living room, I thought you could keep the large hall and stairs" he takes the second page of the plans and places it on my lap "There is seven bedrooms with bathrooms, the master suite being the largest with a balcony outside"