Chapter Three.... A Good Start

Chapter Three

A Good Start

Elizabeth POV

I dressed in a dark grey pencil skirt, a short sleeve black blouse tied my dark brown hair into a smart chiffon bun, applied make up lightly, grabbed my Mary Jane shoes and a matching dark grey clutch bag. I looked at myself in the mirror and started to talk to myself.

"This looks like a person who works in admin, sort of...? come on Lizzie pull yourself together don't worry if you're going to be interviewed by one of the hottest guys I have ever seen" I huffed

"Alex, are you up yet?"

"I am now?"

I looked into his bedroom, Alex lifted his mop of curly dark hair out of his bed covers.

"What are we having for breakfast"

"Thought I would get started on a full breakfast, to give you lots of energy for today, what are you going to wear"

"Breakfast, cool" he grabs his jeans and hoody

"get washed and be down in twenty minutes"

While we finished our breakfast, there was a knock at the door, I opened the door to a man standing there and behind him was two Range Rovers.

"Hi, can I help you?"

"MS Artwell, this is your new vehicle, would you like a demonstration before I leave"

"am, is this being mine"

"Yes"

"Okay, will you show me a few basic's, I need to drive into town soon"

After a quick lesson where everything was, the man left with his colleague in the other range rover, he left me details, keys and an envelope.

I stared at the Range rover in a gun metal color, thinking to myself this must be a mistake. I opened my letter:

Dear Elizabeth, I'm sorry what happened to your marriage with Jeremy. I would have liked for you and Alex to stay close, but if you need distance for a time then I thought I would treat you, I knew you looked at one before and hope you like it. Look after yourself and Alex, if you need anything let me know. Father x

I couldn't believe my eyes, this was really ours.

"Alex let's get going have you got everything, mum is excited and can't wait to drive her new set of wheels"

Alex came out of the house with his school bag, and my grey satchel and keys.

"Cool ride mum, think I have everything"

We drove into town and after two phone calls and a few wrong turns, we ended up outside the school. Once I spoke to the principal and sorted out all the paperwork, we had the tour around the school, Alex seemed happy I told him if there were any problems to ring me, not long after I leave Alex on his first day.

I look at my watch as I walk to the car, it was 11.30. Perfect timing, I thought, I rang my mobile to speak to Don,

"Hi, I have just left Alex at school, could you give me the directions to the clinic"

"Of course,"

"Are we still having coffee after your interview?"

"yeah, I will text you straight after the interview"

I Walk in the clinic's waiting area, it looked a very modern place, lots of full-length windows, everything was white a half circular desk in the middle with a woman about in her thirties, short blond hair, dark eyes smiled at me.