Chapter Two... A Place Called Manhattan

Chapter Two,

A place called Manhattan...

Elizabeth POV

After breakfast, Alex went outside to have a look around at the new house while me and Don finished washing up. We had a cup of coffee before leaving to see our new town.

"I can show you where the grocery store is, health care center and what about the school there is only three weeks left before summer break but it might be worth a look"

"That's a good idea, what time do we need to be back for?"

"The removal van will be here after two, we have plenty of time"
I smiled at Don, "Ok"

Don drove us into Manhattan and parked outside Benton stores.

I took a quick glance at the town, it was such a pretty town there was a line of shops all kept well and a nice community hall.

"While you're in the grocers I'm going to see an old friend"

Don disappeared down the street, I walked with Alex into the stores.
Benton stores looked a nice family run business an elderly man sat behind a counter with two young children around Alex' s age smiled at me.

"I will grab a trolley and I will get all the boring thinks if you want to get dessert for tonight Alex" he nods and rushes off

I managed to fill most of our trolley with food when I was in the last aisle it was the fresh vegetable section, I didn't look where I was going and bumped into a tall dark stranger.

I was very startled by a very hot looking man standing in front of me smirking, probably notice me staring at him for too long, he had dark hair and hazel eyes he must be six-foot-tall compared to me, I was 5ft 6, I had to look up to see him.

He was wearing a tight white shirt shown off his toned body with dark blue chinos and brown leather shoes he looked in his late twenties around my age.

"hmm, I mean I'm sorry I bumped into to you?"

"Hi, your new to the area, aren't you?"

"What gave it away" I smile

"I know everyone in this town and I would have seen you before, and you don' t dress like a local but the big giveaway is your British accent"

"My accent is a dead giveaway but my clothes really? I'm wearing jeans, blouse and ballerina pump?"

"am I right in saying your jeans and your blouse are Armani?"

"I'm impressed?"

"At my hot body, Well the"
"No, how did you know?"
"I think someone is trying to get your attention?"

I looked away and seen Alex standing in front of me with his hands full.
"Mum could we have two desserts"

Alex places chocolate cake and an apple pie in the trolley, then looks at the stranger.

"of course, I'm ready to go to the till now"

I turn to the trolley and started to move towards the counter.

"good bye stranger"

I started to take the food out of the trolley and place it on the counter, Alex was looking at the magazine rack.

"good morning, I don't recall seeing you before" the shop owner looks at me.

"No, I arrived here last night, my name is Lizzie and this is Alex my son"

"well nice to meet you, no Mr. or husband with you?"
"No"

He looked surprised but didn't ask any more questions.