Chapter 18

There is no shortage of soldiers who wear longevity locks, life-guarding jade or other objects to pray for peace. According to military regulations, this is not allowed, but Xing Yi has always turned a blind eye to these things.

    His current adjutant is not the adjutant he used to be at the beginning. As soon as he stepped into the military camp, the young emperor gave him the high position of governor.

    The person responsible for helping him was an experienced old man who had retired from the commanding position. The old man lost his wife and never resumed his string.

    He had two sons and a daughter. His daughter was married, and both sons died in battle. Now he is truly alone.

    At the end of the year, if there is no war, the soldiers go home to visit relatives, leaving only the two of them at the commander level in the barracks. The charcoal basin was burned, and the oranges were peeled around the roasting fire, and the armor was not taken off. After chatting, they went out together to hunt wolves.    

    When talking about the world, this veteran soldier always persuaded Xing Yi to get married as soon as possible: "It's not a problem that you are always procrastinating like this. People still have to have a family and have something to worry about. When I was young, I felt like you. If you die, you will die. On the battlefield, it is a desperate spell. There is nothing to be afraid of. But look at me now, my wife is gone, my son is gone, but I still have a girl. I am my girl's natal family. People, so you have to live for a few more years, and you can't let the girl be bullied." 

   He happily took out a piece of jade pendant from his heart and showed it to Xing Yi, as if offering a treasure: "Look, this is my girl looking for. One year, my son-in-law and my son-in-law made a trip to Moyu River in Xinjiang to find Hetian Hongyu, and invited the master of Lingyin Temple to consecrate him. She even beat the nets above, saying that it was to bless me on the battlefield. I'm going to be safe. I tell you, it's too evil to say, dozens of battles have been fought over the years, hey, I'm really dying."    

    After speaking, he hurriedly covered himself like an old child. His mouth said, "Bah, bah, it's not broken, there are no taboos."    

    Later, when the old man reached the age of sixty-five, he applied to the Shaodi for sick leave. Xing Yi could be on his own for a long time, and no adjutant was needed anymore; when the commander-in-chief returned to his hometown, Xing Yi even sent him a ride, but the old man still told him with a smile: "Don't worry, I'm in good shape, I'm here. Go back and hug my grandson."

    Xing Yi stood in front of the barracks watching. It was his daughter and son-in-law who came to welcome the old man back. The daughter was beautiful and gentle, and the son-in-law was also a general, with great military exploits and good conduct.

    They greeted the old man on the carriage respectfully and intimately, and the son-in-law brought his wife, personally. Xiang Xingyi expressed his gratitude: "My father has always been an old urchin. He only knows how to fight, but he doesn't know that the battlefield also depends on the officialdom. It's complicated. We are always afraid that he will suffer a loss, but fortunately we have your help. We don't know how to repay your kindness. Xing Yi said: "

    It's okay, don't thank me."

    The couple insisted on thanking him and stuffed him with a lot of gifts, but Xing Yi refused on the grounds that it was easy to fall into the ground. Since then, Xing Yi has also followed the old man's son-in-law, consciously or unintentionally, for no other reason.

    The veteran soldier was kind to him and helped him through the period when everything went wrong when he first joined the army.

    Correspondingly, even when he knew that Shaodi had grudges against him, he still helped the old man to speak out in front of Shaodi and blocked a few books that were too much for him. He doesn't owe anyone anything.