Chapter 23

That time Xiao Fenghuang talked about the topic of "who goes after whom first", and Xing Yi took it to heart. Since then, he has been thinking, if he really wants him to actively pursue someone, what should he do?

    He is a person who is almost indifferent when it comes to the wind and moon. He went to see Little Phoenix a few times on business, and when he heard that he wanted to go out to play, he took him out; when Little Phoenix got a sprained foot, he let him stay in his tent.

    Take a good rest in the middle, Xiao Fenghuang is well-behaved and sensible, and he doesn't talk much himself. Sometimes the two of them stay like this, and they can't say a word for a whole day.

    But just like this, he can make that little guy fall in love with him. Xing Yi was puzzled, and after thinking about it for a long time, he could only come to a conclusion: He was still too stupid to have such good luck, and to be the best pillow person in the world.

    If he wants to make up for it, he actually doesn't know how to do it.

    After thinking about it, and consulting with many people, I finally settled on the most traditional four words: do what you like.

    Whatever Little Phoenix likes, he does it, always making his little princess happier.

    After having this idea, Xing Yi mobilized his private power for the first time, and found someone to transport a few carts of cherries from Liaoyang, thousands of miles away.

    Little Phoenix likes to eat cherries. This kind of fruit is quite rare in Jiangnan, but Xingyi has tasted it before, and it always feels too sour.

    The cherries in the north are ripe in May and June. Once they are picked, they are put in the ice cellar to be frozen. They are sold in autumn and winter and served to dignitaries and nobles to simmer in cherry soup.

   Now he has emptied all the inventory in Liaoyang in one go, so many people even came to him to ask for the price, thinking that he was going to do business in private. 

   The cherries were delivered, and the little phoenix was very happy. Although the quality of the batch of cherries was not very good because they had been frozen for too long, Xiao Fenghuang didn't care about these things when they could eat their favorite food in the cold winter and twelfth lunar month.

    He cooks a cup of sweet and sour cherry and lily soup every night, and with this appetizer, he can eat an extra bowl of rice. Xing Yi sometimes accompanies him to drink a bowl, and it's good to taste it occasionally.

    He thought that was fine.

    He got what Little Phoenix likes to eat, and the rest is other things. Xingyi planned to take Little Phoenix out to play again, but he had not been able to finalize the exact time.

    After returning, his official duties were not considered leisurely. Although there were no more important wars in the whole country, he was also in charge of training and raising troops in Jiangling to prepare for the future.

    Every day, he gets up before dawn and goes to the wilderness more than ten miles away. He can only come back in the evening. It gets dark early in winter. Every time he comes back, he can see the little phoenix waiting in front of the door with a lamp.

    No matter whether there is snow or not, if you are tired of waiting, you will sit on the threshold and look at the sky.    

    Every time Xing Yi pulled him up, Little Phoenix's hand would definitely be cold. At first, he was afraid that Xiao Fenghuang would catch a cold and catch a cold, so he clearly forbade the servants to let him out again.