⊘ • ❸ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

"You look like shit," Yoongi chimes when I weakly walk next to him behind the counter.

"I haven't been able to sleep for days," I groan, rubbing my tired eyes that are sure to have eye bags by now from lack of sleep.

"Why? Did you stay up late watching movies again?" I shake my head, placing my hands on my back where I attempt, but fail, to crack my back.

"Nope, I've been searching the newspaper for available jobs these past couple of days. That's why I called in sick and used up two days here so that I could spend time searching—"

"Vee, I'll let you know that I don't appreciate short-noticed sick days..." my manager stops talking when he walks up to the counter and sees me. I watch the way his eyes move from my heavy, eyelids, to my eye bags, and chapped lips. "Well, I guess it couldn't be helped, just try to let me know ahead of time if you're feeling unwell," then he walks off to fuss on someone else.

"At least he bought it. You do look bad though. Did you even sleep at all?" He asks quietly.

"Maybe a little over an hour, but since everything that happened at home..." I slap my cheeks again. "It doesn't matter. Let's just get today over with,"

Yoongi gives a light task for me to do, probably making sure I won't collapse on the floor from sleep deprivation at any second. However, I won't. I've come to work with no sleep before, so this is nothing new. It's just the stress that makes it much more tiring and noticeable to others.

It's Wednesday now, so it's been a few days since everything happened at the store on Sunday. Ever since then, it's been hell at the house.

Dad doesn't have the money to repair or pay rent for the store since the cash was stolen, so he had to give it up. Of course, he was upset, but he should blame himself for it. Yes, even though I'm still pissed at him, I do feel bad.

It's as if all the life has been sucked out of him when he had to hand over the rights of the store to the building owner. He felt horrible, but it couldn't be helped.

On Monday, he went to work. One of his friends helped him get a job at a factory that's about half an hour away from home. Thankfully, his friend doesn't mind picking Dad up to drive to work together. So it worked out perfectly on our part.

During the past few days, I know that the store is gone for good. I'll need to start finding a new job, one that pays more than the one I have.

I've flipped through newspapers, advertisements, and even walked around the city yesterday just trying to find any places willing to hire without a college degree. I'm just so thankful I earned my high school diploma.

Despite the work I put into finding a new position, I found zero jobs available. I needed to find something else to help fill the hole where the store's income was coming in, but I just haven't found anything yet.

I know it can take a while to find work, and I'll gladly wait until then, but I also can't sit around waiting forever either. If I don't find a job that pays more soon, then I'll have to get a second job to support us, which, considering everything, seems like the only option. I know Dad's job will grant him money, but as always, he'll spend it before I ever see it, so it's up to me to take care of things, just like always.