⊘ • ❷❸ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

I have no clue how to act around him after what happened, but I force myself to leave the bathroom once my heart settles down.

Holding the bathroom towel as close to my body as I can, I step onto the white carpet of the apartment while exiting the room, seeing his back facing me while sitting on the ground.

I can tell he's lost in thought from here, so to pull him out of his mind, I shut the bathroom door behind me which causes him to stir from the noise in his position.

"We got lucky," he says, holding up a dark green backpack. "I didn't think anyone listened to me earlier before we left but someone did. They left behind clothes before the mission began in the locations I listed in case anyone had to stay behind. Hopefully, they will fit or at least should be good enough. Found them in the closet."

He stands up now, walks to the kitchen counter, and places the backpack down. He unzips the pack and pulls out the clothes.

Handing some clothes to me, he begins putting his on. I take the black t-shirt, which is super baggy on my body, and slide it on while putting on long pajama bottoms which are red flannel.

He wears a gray t-shirt, too, but he has black shorts that go a little past his knees.

After putting on the clothes, I take my towel and walk back into the bathroom where I hang it up to dry. He, doing the same, follows after me and puts his towel up, too.

Although we've been around each other since the bathroom incident, we haven't spoken. There's a clear awkwardness in the air. However, when we walk back into the living room and sit down on the floor, I hear him sigh aloud.

"I'm sorry about earlier," he rubs the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact as best as he can. "My mind is wild tonight. You know, everything with Acid, the mission, and now an accident like that," he gestures to the bathroom without saying any more, "is a lot to handle," he admits.

"I'm not used to being in situations like this with other girls. Acid has been my one and only. I haven't gone all the way with anyone else," he mentions, while one of my eyebrows raises on its own.

"Weren't you two in an open relationship though?" I ask softly.

With a single nod, he agrees. "We were, but I felt wrong about it. It made me uncomfortable. I tried, of course, because she always urged me to or whenever I watched her in the hands of another man, I would try to make myself forget about how much her actions hurt me. I guess I'm weak for not following through," another sigh falls from his lips, and I find myself inching closer, wanting to comfort him, but I still leave distance between us.

"That doesn't make you weak, Jungkook. There's nothing wrong with you for not wanting to do that. Some people prefer open relationships, others prefer one partner, and even some choose to be alone. There's no right or wrong answer for how you choose to live your life. Just because Acid can do it doesn't mean that you can change your way of life for her. She shouldn't have been urging you into something you felt uncomfortable with,"

It only hits me now, but I remember the first time I met Acid and how her mind turned. She didn't care at all for Jungkook and me to sleep together, and now that I think about it, she even encouraged me, a stranger, into sleeping with her boyfriend.