⊘ • ❺❷ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

"It's been two weeks," Jungkook paces around the room with his hand on his hips with irritation. "Two fucking weeks, and there's still no sign of her." His anger shows threateningly.

Despite his slim, weakened body and bloodshot eyes, he still looks intimidating the way he did before. Regardless of his slender frame, his eye bags, and the hair that's now getting long enough to cover his head in his normal hair color, he's still him.

"We're doing everything we can—"

"You're not doing nearly enough." He cuts Acid off. He looks at her with hatred, and he knows he shouldn't, but he can't help it. Regardless of her following Ghost's orders, she lied to him every single day while they were together.

He knew something was wrong in their relationship. He could feel it almost. When she told him that she loved him, he knew it wasn't right. The way she threw the word love around like it meant nothing told him so.

It wasn't right to keep their relationship going, but he hoped she would come around one day and look at him the way he did her. That day never came.

He acknowledged he loved her, but he didn't know what way until a few months prior, and he realized it wasn't true love at all.

Love isn't found in messy bedsheets tangled up with someone who you feel attracted to; it's found through knowing someone and realizing you would do anything to protect that person no matter what.

After all, how can anyone truly love another soul if they've never met? Or better yet, if they don't know the real them inside.

Jungkook never once knew Acid, not the real her at least, and he realized that soon enough. He kept it up for appearances, but when she left the warehouse, he missed her. He loved her once, and maybe it meant that love will never fade or maybe they were close for so long that the thought of never seeing her again scared him.

When Jungkook found out the truth about her, the love he thought he had fled the way she did.

No matter what excuse Acid has to offer, every word she says makes it worse. Even if she was forced to act that way by Ghost, which she told him, she didn't have to sleep with him and fake her love. But she did anyway. She never once considered his feelings and that alone told Jungkook more about Acid than their whole relationship did.

She may have been doing what she needed to survive but doing so by climbing on top of others so that she wouldn't drown only brought out the truth in her. Jungkook saw her as she pushed him down into the deep waters and used him as a life jacket. And then he knew she would risk anything to keep herself afloat.

He looks at her with a hatred so strong that the only other person to outdo this kind of hate is Ghost.

"You lied to me, told me she was safe, only to tell me when you met up with me what really happened. He took her and killed Hoseok. I thought he was dead, but maybe you knew the truth about that, too and hid it from me and everyone else. It wouldn't be the first lie you ever told."

Acid shuts her eyes momentarily, trying to calm herself before responding. She knows she's messed up, but in her mind, she did everything she could for the best possible outcome.