⊘ • ❻ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

We both have no idea how to respond after the shock comes to us. He's the last person I ever would have thought to be here, but he must think the same because he's looking at me as if in shock.

"You can't be here, Vee. You have a decent life going. You don't want to make a mistake and be stuck in this life forever. Believe me, I would love to get out. I can't; you can." His words tumble out of his mouth. "You need to leave and go home," he starts pushing me out of the door, but I turn around and remove his hands.

"I can't leave, Yoongi. My identity was revealed on the news," I sigh when I see his confusion. "After what happened at Dad's store, I wanted to find the Street Killer to confront him. I did find him, and so did the police. They thought I was an accomplice and tried to arrest me. If it weren't for Jungkook, I would be behind bars right now. He's giving me protection since the world knows my face. I have nowhere to turn if I don't stay here."

I don't mention the remark he made about my father. Truth be told, I don't want to believe Dad would stoop low enough to trade in his daughter for a cash reward. 

When my explanation catches up with him, I watch his face twist into an unpleasant expression.

"You're joining us? You do realize that you can't randomly quit whenever you want. This place is more than a job; it's your life on the line. I wish it didn't come to this, but I'm grateful you're here and safe if your identity was exposed. I know we didn't have a relationship outside of the workplace, but I wouldn't mind answering any of your questions or if you have any concerns."

His personality flips drastically. His earlier words of concern vanish once knowing I'll be staying.

"Thanks, but Jimin is going to tell me. He's with Barbie right now—"

A roaring laugh falls from Yoongi's lips, cutting me off.

"Are you telling me that he couldn't keep it in his pants for an hour to explain things to you?" I watch him hold his stomach, laughing too hard.

When he raises up, he stops laughing and motions for me. "Come on, I'll finish what he started." He walks out of the room, placing a hard knock on the door of the room Jimin and Barbie are inside. "I'll be taking Vee around. You two take your time."

He walks away, hearing a single okay from Jimin behind the door.

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi guides me around the second floor. "There's not too much up here," he begins, opening the first door to his left. "This is some of the bedrooms we have. Notice, that not everyone lives here. Some go to the next warehouse if it's too crowded here, others will take turns sleeping on beds and furniture, and some choose to sleep on the floor. I'm lucky since I brought my sofa from home. So since I own it, I'll have somewhere to sleep every night."

I listen to every word he says. Though, it's a bit confusing. His explanation is fast, but I try to keep up.

"Are there more rules I should know about?" I finally asked, watching his eyes flash to the side in thought.

"Most of the rules are basic. No stealing from others here, if you make a mess, clean it up, and never rat out your crew to the police. They're rules most people abide by in a normal home." He starts walking again, only to suddenly stop and turn around to face me once more.