⊘ • ❶❻ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

I waited outside of Ghost's room, a not-so-friendly girl led me to him, but I quickly reminded myself of the rudeness I would receive after the party. Since the ceremony hasn't happened yet, I'll have to get used to the mistreatment if I want to remain staying here.

I'm sure she only ended up showing me the way since I'm asking for him, and he's one of the important people around here. I thanked her as she left, but of course, she ignored me and walked away.

I focused my attention on my knuckles hitting against the wood of his bedroom door and found myself turning around to wait for him.

His room was far out of everyone's way. Matter of fact, I thought the girl guiding me here was pulling my leg because it took so long to get here, but hopefully, she wasn't.

When I hear noises behind the door, I feel relieved knowing at least someone is inside. It's only when the door opens and I see Taehyung rushing out that I move out of the way.

He says nothing to me, ignoring my presence like the girl from moments before.

"Come on in, Vee," Ghost says, looking at me through the crack of the door while I step inside and shut the door behind me. "It's a little early, but what can I do for you?" He adds, blowing over the rim of a white mug with steam floating out of its top. The smell of freshly brewed coffee hits my nostrils.

Completely distracted by the coffee scent, I almost was oblivious to the fact he was not wearing a shirt. He's standing against the wall, holding his mug with his arms crossed lazily, and staring at me.

"My morning was eventful, and I'm looking for anything else to do," I admit, unsure how to explain the scenario.

"I heard about what happened. It doesn't take long at all for stuff like this to spread. The only way to keep secrets around here is to hold onto them for dear life, but of course, this was one of those situations where everyone saw, so it can't be helped." He smiles when sitting down at the edge of a small table. He places his mug down on the light-colored wood and motions for me to come over.

I walk over and take the chair that's opposite him. I pull out the chair, despite how difficult it can be with the carpet, and sit down. I instantly notice the coffee mug stains on the tabletop.

"So you're sleeping with Yoongi?" He asks patiently, but I shake my head.

"It's nothing like that. He was... or wasn't himself when I found him, and I was worried. We fell asleep on the couch in our underwear, but we had blankets used for a barrier so we didn't touch skin. I think he's keeping secrets to himself, too." I say, watching the way Ghost's eyes flick to the door and then back to me.

"I'm not supposed to say this, but if you're going to stay here, I guess you can be my secret bearer. That way, I won't have to know every secret and keep it bottled up. How does that sound?" He asks, leaning closer.

A part of me wants to agree, but I don't need to know everyone's secrets. I just need to understand Yoongi a little better.

"I only want the truth about Yoongi. I don't need to know everyone else's business." I say, watching the way his eyes flick as if finding a gem in a pile of ash.