⊘ • ❹❽ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

"She kinda looks cute underneath all that filth," I hear one of them say, and I have to hide my disgust.

I've been fake sleeping for a little while, and I assume they finally believed my act. I still can't be too reckless, so I remain still, lightly breathing but listening.

"Trust me, you should've seen her before they got her. She was a real beauty," Ghost doesn't try to hide his voice. It's as if he wants me to hear him.

"Maybe after all this is over, you two can... you know," I hear quiet whistles and claps, assuming these freaks are giving each other high-fives for that comment. Little do they know I would never sleep with a monster like him if that is what they are insinuating.

A rough hit in the road sends my body as well as a few others up in the air in the back part of the van. After that, I have no choice but to wake up. No one would realistically keep sleeping after that, so I sit up, rubbing my eyes with a fake yawn accompanying my actions.

"Sorry, Vee. This road is a little bumpy, but we're almost at our destination." Ghost admits when turning around to look at me.

"Where are we?" I ask, glancing outside of the front window. This was part of an act but also curiousness. I've had my eyes closed for a while and didn't hear anyone mention a location the whole time.

"Oh, my bad. We're in the city. We've been driving for a while. You've been sleeping for a few hours. We're staying the night here, so you can get washed up and have a good night's rest while we get our supplies packed and loaded to leave in a few days." This is the information I've been waiting for.

"I haven't had a shower in forever. I know I must smell awful." I admit, moving my hand to my side with a weak laugh.

"Well, think how us men smell. Besides, it's not like that was your choice anyway, Vee," I hang onto his words, noticing how right Acid was. He truly is good at deceiving others. Not to mention he's acting as if he knows how the guards treated us, which I wouldn't doubt.

A few more minutes pass and nothing is said until the van drives into a large parking garage. The sun instantly disappears, coated by the concrete ceiling above the vehicle we ride in.

I stay still until the van is parked and the engine is off. The men around me hurry to open the van door and climb out while stretching their limbs and trying to pop their backs from the long ride.

Ghost exits his seat and comes to the side where he reaches in to take my hand. "Come on, and I'll carry you up. I don't need you fainting on me again," he says, and I place my hand in his while exiting the van.

"I can walk on my o—" Before the words can finish coming out of my mouth, he picks me up without any struggle or hesitation on his features.

"I insist. Besides, I haven't been able to carry a girl in my arms for a while now," he chuckles a tad then begins walking with the others to a nearby elevator.

"Okay, if it's seriously no trouble. Thank you," I play along, wrapping my arms around his neck for support as well as for him to know that I feel safe in his arms.

This could be a test. He could be watching how I react to these sudden situations. He's good at these types of things for sure.

𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑 || 𝐉.𝐉𝐊 ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें