⊘ • ❷❼ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

Soon enough, he pulls away as if needing to speak with me urgently.

"I'm going upstairs with Vee. I need all of you to do what we've been doing, got it? No lights, keep it quiet, and no opening the curtains. Nobody come ask me for help, take care of what it is by yourself, or ask Twix, but under no circumstance will I be disturbed unless it's an emergency." With his authoritative tone loud enough for everyone to hear, they all agree.

I watch people nod their heads or give a thumbs up when he surveys the room to make sure everyone understands.

It's only when I'm looking around that I spot Twix sitting on the couch eating. I still see the bruises on her, but a lot of them have healed, similar to Jungkook, too. It has been a week, after all.

I still see dark blueish patches around their faces as well as yellowish spots. I'm glad they both are recovering, but I still won't ever forget that night.

It happened so suddenly that Jungkook never had a chance to even think of what to do. They were suddenly there and beating him.

I'll never forget that, but as painful as that memory is, it's important because I know, as well as Jungkook, that he could have very well died that night. Given the few deaths we've already had since the police station breakout, it's a possibility that everyone knows now.

People will die in life, but the people in the crew, the newer ones from what I've been told, never took the cause too seriously for that matter. Half of the members are terrified because they thought this was some club that looks cool when telling it to others, but now they realize that they were wrong.

I can see it written on their faces in this very room. The fun and party games are over. There's death around the corner if not a lesser chance of going to prison, that is to say, they don't shoot us dead before taking us in.

It's clear what the mission is for the city. They're going after the big names, and something tells me they won't stop until they have Jungkook. He's one of the very last main people, but honestly, he may as well be the only one.

I remember before I had met him, I thought he ran the whole crew alone. It was only later on that I was told I was wrong. Of course, he led the main missions, while Ghost stayed behind—the brains.

However, the police knew enough that Ghost was the leader, but I don't know if they found that out on their own or if Acid was the cause. Either way, they have one, and seeing as they keep taking in more members, they won't stop until they have Jungkook, too.

When I feel Jungkook start to pull me to the stairs, I drop my thoughts and follow behind him. Walking into my room, I sit on my bed where I had almost forgotten what it feels like. I smell myself in the air—an old scent fading away with time—but I smell it and think about how different my life used to be.

Taking care of bills, working overtime at my job and working at the store, managing the money, and doing chores, I couldn't have a free life because my time was supposed to be focused on the family, which was only Dad, and that's all.

My old friends could go on dates, long vacations, talk about getting their hair and nails done while all I could do is stay silent wishing so badly that their life would become mine.