⊘ • ❽ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

The metal cans in his hands vanish when he brings them inside a black backpack, zipping up the evidence concealed within. Throwing the backpack over his shoulder, he takes in hand another, much lighter, backpack in his fist to hold.

I decide to step up where he finally notices me. I gulp hesitantly but hide my anxiety about the situation and how it will play out.

If I don't go along with this mission tonight, I won't have anywhere else to go, which is exactly what Ghost said moments ago. If I do go along with the mission and return here after it's done, I'll officially be a criminal in the eyes of the public. The chances of returning home to live a normal life again are slim to none.

I don't understand why I should have to prove myself when none of the other new crew members are having to do it. It's not fair treatment in the slightest.

"You two be safe," I turn in the direction of the loud voice, tilting my head up to the second-floor railing where I see Ghost grabbing the bars of the railing and directing his words to both Jungkook and me.

Although no one else in the warehouse stops what they're doing to pay attention to Ghost, I do. Not even Jungkook turns his head in the direction of him, but I keep my challenging eyes on his which hold an alarming threat behind them.

If I do anything today, I'll be struggling the most with my morals. Either I can forget about what's right and wrong and go along with it, or else I can protest and try to make it on my own without being caught. The only problem is time—a luxury I won't be given today.

Before I know it, the backpack, which was in Jungkook's hand, is being placed in mine. Nodding his head to the door in front of us, he starts jogging out of the building. I know already what his nod signifies—it signifies it's time to go and get this over with.

Although my bravery will always be a part of my character, I know I'll struggle with it today.

Putting on the backpack, I follow after Jungkook, rushing outside toward him with my heart hammering in my chest and my soul racing with adrenaline.

𓆩 𓆪

"Put this on," while crouching down next to a large, green dumpster, he shoves a plastic bag into my hands.

"What is it?" I survey the items inside the clear bag, giving a puzzled look when I meet his eyes.

Sighing, he gestures to the bag. "There's a wig, sunglasses, and a few other things Acid threw in there."

So Acid packed this?

"And why do I need all this?" I open the bag, pulling out the blonde wig and lipstick with confusion.

"It's a disguise. You need one considering the public knows your face." When he says those words, I let my mouth shape into a silent O when the realization hits me.

He shakes his head. "Quickly put those on and follow me,"

Following his instructions, I put the items on and stand up after him. However, I slide the lipstick into my pocket, not putting any on considering I don't have a mirror in the first place. We stand in the alley while his eyes scan the fake disguise I wear.