⊘ • ❼ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

I sit up on the floor when I can't take the sound of Yoongi's snoring any longer. Despite it being past midnight, I can't sleep.

The warehouse is somewhat silent, sounds of whispers flow through the building to only selected ears. However, it's not as loud as earlier. Most everyone is sound asleep except for a few people.

Sighing, I throw the blanket off of me and stand to my feet. I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

Cracking the door to the room open, I tiptoe outside of the room and shut the door behind me. Looking over the railing on the second floor, I look down below in the living room and see not a soul in sight.

Walking down the railing and eventually, the stairs, I find myself on the first floor looking for a way to distract my wide-awake mind.

I move to the back of the building, entering the showers. I contemplate taking a shower to help me sleep, but I turn on my heels once realizing I'm not in the mood for one. Nor do I have spare clothing or much trust this place enough to be showering here.

Instead, I make my way around the warehouse at my own pace. Remembering the places and rooms Yoongi pointed out to me earlier. I remain silent, letting my thoughts lead me to each room.

When I find myself in the empty kitchen, I come to the window near the wide sink where I see the warehouse across from us. Most of the lights are turned off, but a few are still on, illuminating a yellowish hue to my eyes.

Standing in the dark kitchen, I see shadows in the next warehouse. I watch the silhouettes of two people talking on the ground floor, across the distance from the kitchen window I'm looking out of.

I watch the other warehouse where the two people are conversing. I'm curious who they are behind the curtain. I wonder if it's Jungkook and Acid, Ghost and Jungkook, or Twix and Taehyung. The list could go on endlessly, but I also have no clue how many people are living in the warehouse next door. Neither would I have any clue as to what the conversation is about anyways.

Maybe a part of me is homesick from watching the hidden conversation. I've never been in a situation like this before, and I wonder how Dad's doing almost every second.

I think about Dad sitting in his recliner, snoozing soundly. I picture him sleeping downstairs while waiting for me to come bursting through the front door, announcing I'm home. I imagine all those scenarios, but deep down, a part of me wonders if he's at home waiting for me at all.

The curiosity kills me. I love my father, but sometimes, I don't know if my love is mutual with him. I want to know if he loves me the way I love him.

"What are you doing down here?" A soft voice announces from behind me, followed by an exaggerated yawn. I watch Jimin walk up, taking the empty spot beside me, and stare out of the window, too.

His exhausted eyes follow mine, watching the shadows of the window ahead of us. His lips tug upwards into a grin from the sight.

"You're nervous about going with Jungkook, aren't you? Or should I say you're nervous about all of this?" His eyes flick to the ceiling. "I was the same when I first came here, Vee. I had no clue what the hell I was doing, but I knew I needed to explore what I wanted to do with my life. Now, I know everyone has a different story, so I won't try to act as if I understand yours, but I'm sure whatever led you here will be beneficial to who you will become."