⊘ • ❹❺ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

"I'll help you, but I'm not the hero here. I'm doing it for Jungkook, Barbie, Jimin, Taehyung, Twix... even my parents if what you say is true. I'm doing it for the people who need me and who I care about."

There's a softness in his eyes, and he nods as if he figured I would say something like that.

"I understand, and I'm happy you decided to help end this. We don't need any more deaths. I can barely function knowing Twix... you know." He admits. "I cared about her a lot, but I can't let my emotions get to me now. There's a time and place to grieve and heal, and now isn't the time." He mentions with a low voice.

"Anyway, I was able to recover this from the prison. It's from Jungkook," he opens his coat, takes out a white envelope from his pocket, and hands it to me.

Once I take it, I scan it while wanting to rip into its contents immediately. I can only imagine what's inside this.

"I don't know what it says, but he wanted you to have it. Claire helped me take it before it happened." As I begin to take the letter, I stop and stare at him.

"Before what happened? No, you're not going to tell me something happened to Jungkook. You're not going to say he's dead—"

"He's not," he cuts me off abruptly, "but he will be soon."

"Ghost is skilled when it comes to manipulating people, even the police. He pinned the whole bombing incident on Jungkook, the infamous Street Killer, using evidence that was taken out of context to frame him for it, and I got information that they are going to execute him three days from now at the prison in the city where the mayor can watch. They took him to a private cell underground where he won't have any contact with anyone, even Claire."

"We're not going to let that happen though, especially now that you're going to help us. Friday is three days from now, and it's the perfect day to get all the information we need on Ghost and to save Jungkook. We've already got evidence on where he gets his supplies and what they are, which consists not only of food, clothing, and drinks but also bombs, guns—weapons that could seriously injure a lot of people." He continues.

"Acid will fill you in when you see her, just make sure you don't tell either of them who I am. They may have questions about me, or they may not. Either way, the important thing is that all three of us trust each other, and now, I'm hoping you trust us, too. The focus should be on ending this and nothing else."

I stare at the letter in my hand. I understand what he's saying, but I'm too concerned with this letter to fully pay attention to him.

He must notice because soon he's abruptly ending the conversation and saying he's got to go before he's noticed. We hurriedly seal our agreement, and then he's off without another word spoken.

I travel upstairs where I find myself an empty room with a neat bed to lie down until Yoongi and Taehyung arrive. At least for now, I can have a moment to myself without anyone bothering me or my thoughts.

𓆩 𓆪

I laid down for a long time, letting my mind restart from nearly everything. I want to be next to Jungkook, want to hug my father, search for my mother, want to tell Barbie everything is going to be okay even if I don't know it is, and want to do so many things that I can't.