༺ E PIL ʘ G U E༻

𓆩 𓆪

"It better be massive," I remark with a small laugh once shutting the passenger side door and walking through the snow.

"Trust me, it's huge," he jokes, grabbing the large axe out of the trunk and letting it rest on his shoulder.

I stand at the front of the vehicle, waiting a little impatiently for him to walk around. I notice a few other cars parked close to ours, and some people are coming out of the large forest carrying a freshly cut Christmas tree.

I grin with excitement as I follow behind Jungkook in the snow. He already marked the tree a week ago, so I'm hoping it's still here today.

As we walk a little farther from the trail of footprints in the snow, we approach the ribbon attached to a nearby tree. I smile gleefully knowing that no one messed with it. He's right about its size; it's huge.

We woke up early this morning and rushed through breakfast to make it here in time. I know it'll look beautiful at home. I've been imagining it with Christmas ornaments for a while now.

I stand a few feet back and admire the sight around me, feeling the tingle of the Holiday rush through me. I watch the axe fly down and hit the tree, and I notice how concentrated Jungkook is while swinging.

Even in his black gloves and beanie, he still chops away as if it's not difficult whatsoever. I find myself lost in the way his muscles flex and seeing his strength up close. I've always loved watching him work.

Since everything, he's built up a lot of his muscle strength back and then some. Almost every day he finds time to work out, and I admire him for it. He admitted the reason, when he first started trying to build up his muscle, was to protect me.

I told him it wasn't necessary, but he was going to do what he wanted. So I'm happy he's confident in himself. I've watched the way he looks happier than before. It's a confidence boost for him.

As my train of thought lingers a little while on his new-found strength, I catch sight of the tree falling to the ground with him not breaking a sweat. It wasn't long before it fell, and I was amazed by how quickly he chopped it down.

"Let's get this back to the truck. Then we'll go shopping for ornaments," he grins once watching me hurry to the tree with excitement.

I don't waste time grabbing one end as he does the other. We carry it off in the direction of our vehicle, while he starts humming a Christmas song on the way back.

𓆩 𓆪

"There's so many," I mumble beside him as we stare at all the decorations that could go on our tree.

He dusts the tiny amount of snow off his shoulder and pulls off his beanie to shake his black hair for a moment.

When he looks up, he grabs a red and white candy cane ornament and holds it up to observe. "Why don't we pick out ones that scream Christmas this year? This is our first tree, so let's make it fun. We can mix and match or be random as much as we want. It's our tree; we don't need anyone's permission how to decorate it."

Without thinking, I lean forward and kiss his still-cold, red cheek. I say nothing but watch the way it catches him off guard as I take the candy cane out of his hand and place it in my hand-held basket.