⊘ • ❸❹ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

The darkness hides my sight and mind from the plague we're about to face.

I want nothing more than to unlock the back door and take my chances jumping out of a moving van, but the door's locked with no way of that happening on our end. I'm stuck with no way out, and I miss him.

We've been driving for what seems like hours, but I know it has to be only a two-hour drive there. Two hours, not eight as it seems to me. It's because of the darkness, the silence, and the dread.

The ride began with cries, then whispers, and finally nothing. Not a word oozed from anyone's lips.

I feel the cold handcuffs around my wrists—a reminder of what's been taken from me: my freedom.

There's no need to handcuff us when we're already locked back here with no chances on our side of escaping anyway. They forced us to keep these on as a reminder that they've won, and we lost.

"Do you think the others will be there?" A voice from the front speaks up, and I know it's Barbie. "Jimin should be there, too, right—"

"Nobody gives a flying fuck about Jimin, Barbie. We're all fucked. You should be worrying about yourself. You can't do a damn thing to help him, so save your energy and focus on yourself instead of thinking about someone you can't help. Even if he will be there, you can't see him. They're separating us from the guys, remember?"

Again I recognize the voice. It's Twix, and there's no doubt. I would know that attitude anywhere. It's different to hear her saying things like that to someone who isn't Taehyung.

If it's true that the guys could be there, I wonder if Ghost will be there, too. I would give anything to hear some of his encouraging words right about now. He always did know what to say to make things better, even when they seemed hopeless.

A sudden stop of the vehicle sends us flying toward the front. I slam into one of the other girl's shoulders and wince from her shoulder digging into my side.

We exchange momentary apologies but don't have time for anymore once the back doors swing open.

One by one, we're dragged out. The first girls who try to put up a fight aren't grabbed by the shoulder or their arms, they're dragged out by their hair. They're dragged out of the van onto the gravel and then some.

The rest of us go willingly and follow behind one another. I find Barbie in the crowd, and we stand next to each other, holding hands despite the handcuffs around our wrists.

Our little crowd of women is small, but I make a headcount of everyone. When I don't find Twix, I start looking. Only when I do find her, she's not in the crowd.

I watch Twix march up to one of the cops carelessly. "Twix!" I call after her, but she doesn't halt any of her movements. She storms forward prepared to bring the wreckage like a tornado straight out of Hell.

"Fuck all of you pigs—" She shouts, leaning down to spit on one of the men's black boots. "Pieces of shit—" she doesn't get the chance to spit, fire any more words, or walk away after her remark.

She's hit in the cheek by the back of the long gun from the man. She falls to the ground where I run forward to catch her, but I'm stopped by a woman dressed in a cop uniform. She holds me back and laughs in my ear.