⊘ • ❶❷ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

It happens right when we're crossing the isolated street. Blinding lights of red and blue speed right past us, but they don't stop; they drive by as if ignoring us.

"They didn't stop?" I ask in disbelief. Watching the two police cars chase in the direction of where we came.

"Let's not waste time standing here. If anything, Twix will have something to do with it." Running the rest of the way across the street, he pulls me deep into the shadows between two buildings when another cop car comes by. "Stay still," he eases out the words carefully when we spot the bright spotlight turn on from the vehicle.

Jungkook sucks in his stomach, trying to blend into the bricks behind us. I suck in my breath, doing the same action.

My eyes widen when the light hits the alley, landing on the other side of the building opposite of us.

"Hold your ground, but if the light comes closer, we run." I nod my head silently, letting him know I understand.

Right as the light starts to draw nearer to the tips of our shoes and we're about to take off, we hear the sound of a scanner going off in the street.

"I repeat, Little Guy has been spotted! He's on the move headed towards City Hall!" As soon as we hear those words, the lights disappear and so do we.

"Feel like getting into a little more trouble tonight?" He asks while we run in the opposite direction.

"What do you mean?"

"Since Yoongi's already waiting for us in the car, why not drive around and see what's going on? If we get closer to Jimin's whereabouts, maybe we can find him and bring him home. You heard what they said. They're looking for him."

With a nod, we cross the next street, coming closer to Yoongi.

𓆩 𓆪

Rushing up to the old, black car, we each grab a door handle and climb inside. Jungkook takes his spot in the passenger seat, and I slide into the spacious backseat.

"Did you hear the scanner?" Yoongi asks, watching Jungkook nod.

"Yeah, a cop got too close to us, and we heard that Jimin might be in trouble. Want to drive around, and see if we can help out?"

Yoongi replies with a smile, putting the car in drive. "You always have been able to read my mind, dude. It's a damn superpower at this point." He laughs while easing into the street, slowly driving in the direction of City Hall.

"Do you have hideouts near City Hall, too?" I ask from the back, sitting up between the space of their seats.

"Actually, no," Jungkook admits, his smile dropping. "We don't have any hideouts there. It's too close to the police station. Yoongi double-time, come on." From his instructions, Yoongi begins driving faster to the point it's speeding, in the city limits at least.

"We have to find him before the cops do, or else we won't be able to save him. We won't be able to bail him out." Jungkook puts his fist to his lips, concentrating while staring out of the passenger side window.