Tale 47

Rox's

"Tell me Zero, what is the difference between Beasts and Demons?" Shien

"Beasts are like animals but they were produced by the excess Essence of mother nature, while Demons can be animals, beasts and even humans that was mutated by the nature's Essence..." Sagot ko habang tinititigan ang nakalutang na Spirit sa aking harapan.

"Good, now, do you know what Spirits are?" Shien

"Soul of a mutated nature's Essence, either born naturally or by a resentment of any living creature. They cannot bred, but they could multiply by influencing other's tragic death." 

"Tama but there's more to it actually, even a tree could become a Spirit if you cut them down. Also, a collective thoughts could create a Spirit according to it- now, from all of the kinds of spirits we talked about, could you tell what kind of Spirit you're facing right now" Shien

"Neither, I believe you didn't mention the last one!" Saad ko na ikinagulat niya.

"Zero!" Rinig kong sigawan nila Can pero hindi sila makalapit dahil balot na kami ng puting usok.

"Last one? What is it then?" Shien

"I believe there was a man made Spirits-" I touch my chin, pretending to think.

"Weaponized Spirits, an experimental Spirit that was secretly made and bred by a private group of cultivators... " He immediately spit out the truth.

Weaponized Spirits are fused with the Cultivator's Orb, with this, they became the user's Weapon. Mother taught me these but she never told me who made them and why...

"So you are aware of Spirits, who taught you?!" Lapit niya na siyang ikinahilis nung Spirit.

"I- it is a well know fact in our Clan's first branch, we're healers after all. And Spirits are our mortal enemies when it comes to curing their curses to humans!" I cannot believe I got through with it!

"It seems like you're already accustomed to your life as a healer, it's only been a week since we last met... I cannot believe you are Rox's son, he's just like you!" I heard him whisper as he turned back.

"I knew it-" Lalapit na sana ako ng biglang lumapit yung Spirit.

"This is all a Dream, forget what happened today-" Biglang nagsalita yung Spirit.

"Tabeh!" Hampas ko sa kaniya with my Enhance na siyang ikinatilapon niya palayo.

"What the-" Hindi makapaniwalang lingon ni Shien ng makitang tumilapon ang kaniyang Spirit.

"I know it's you Shi- ShouLe, I remembered what you did to us last week!" Saad ko bago siya sinapak sa mukha-

Nagulat naman ako ng may usok na humarang sa aking kamao.

Humangin ng malakas at tumilapon ako palayo ng-

***

"Rox, Rox gising!" Mahinang sambit ng isang mala musikang tinig sa aking tenga.

"M- mother?" Dahan dahan kong iminulat ang aking mga mata.

"You did great!" Mother smiled as she extends her hand where a flickering light floats on top of the dead horse.

"Ugh! Ano po iyan?" 

Napangiti naman ako ng makita ang nandidiring reaksiyon ng batang may kulay abong buhok, I know what's this. I am inside a memory of mine when I killed my first target, the horse that my mother told me to kill when I was a kid.

"Life Essence, a soul of a recently deceased living thing. Ngayon, subukan mong hawakan ito!" Mother

I just stood there as I watch the younger me slowly reach his hands into the soul of the dead horse.