Queen of Random x reader

-From Lost in Random

(I was ready to have my heart broken by the ending, but godDAMN- )

Years. You had been here for years. Nothing but the empty void and your nightmares to keep you company. Others had always been here, but they would all fade, only for someone else to fill their space. Except for you.
You had been here from the start. You were the first, you had seen everything.
How new children would be lured into this realm of despair and hopelessness, only to dissappear once they ran out of nightmares. You did not know where they went, and you probably did not want to know, as you were the only to remain after becoming adult. Hanging from the threads of your own mind, you felt how your nightmares fed the entities that ruled this realm.
Perhaps that is why you had yet to fade. You had been plagued by night terrors from an early age, so there would be many nightmares to feast on. Not to mention the new ones your mind would conjure every time you heard her.
Her.
The Queen of Random.
The person you had thought your friend.
Aleksandra.

You had been by her side since you were born, her and her sister. You were the daughter of one of the castle servants, tasked with keeping the young princesses company.
Until that dreaded day.
The day that Natalia were so greatly wounded in battle, Aleksandra carrying her all the way home in her arms.
Aleksandra and Natalia had always been close, so it was hard to accept that Nat would die from her injuries.
Aleksandra had been inconsolable, her rage lashing out at everything and everyone. You had tried to calm her, to settle her grief, but as she stood over her broken dice, swearing that Randomness was the root of all evil, you knew there was no getting through to her. You thought that letting her have her space to come to terms with her sisters incoming death would help her, but you had been wrong. Oh so wrong.
She had made a pact with someone. Someone that would give her the control she wanted in the form of that accursed black dice, and promised her that her sister would never meet the death she was so close to.
All they wanted? Nightmares.
And you were right there. Ripe for the picking. And so she did. Sacrificed as the start of a new pact. The first of many.

You could hear something through the haze placed upon you, talking. Shouting? Several voices. You could not make out the words, but you recognised one voice. It was her. More time passed, as the sounds of struggle grew louder. Until suddenly, you felt the haze lift and the clouds around you mind clearing. You opened your eyes for the first time in decades. You looked down at yourself. You had changed. Grown up. Then, you were lowered unto the path of stones beneath you. As you looked around, you saw you were not the only one freed. All the others were running towards what could be an exit. You tried to stand, but you had a hard time adjusting to your 'new' body. You managed to stand and limp towards the exit. As you threw yourself through, you felt actual, solid ground under your feet and took a deep breath of fresh air. Air with smells and nuances, in a room with light. Your eyes hurt in the light, but you didn't want to close them. You had missed feeling alive. Then you heard a deep rumbling around you. It sounded as if the entire castle was collapsing. You could faintly see the silhouettes of the children dissappear into the castle corridors and decided to follow them. You walked as fast as your unfamiliar legs would carry you, which was not really all that fast. You leaned against the wall, dragging yourself forward. Your could hear commotion in the distance, yells and the all too familiar sounds of fighting. You tried to hurry up. You soon found yourself in front of the entrance to the throne room. You leaned against the frame as you peered inside.
There she was, your Aleksandra.
Sitting next to the corpse of Natalia, sword in hand and heavily injured, shards of the black dice at her feet.
She was crying.
The crying of a woman who has lost all she had and was.

"Aleksandra?" You called out, your voice weak from not being used.
Funny how this was the last ting you had said before being imprisoned too.
Her head whipped up, her eyes landing on you. There was silence for a moment, as you just took in each other. She had grown. A lot. Even though she was no longer the child you had known, it was still unmistakably her. Her fingers twitched the same way around her sword. The sword you had made her. You wondered if you had changed a lot too, if she would even recognise you. If you could even recognise yourself.
Her voice was rough as she called out to you, holding so much doubt and regret. Perhaps she thought that you weren't real. You took a step forward, only for her to dash at you. You froze for the slightest moment, before being enveloped in a hug. Her sword clattered to the ground, the only sound heard beside the deep thrum ming of her heart beside your ear as she held you tighter than she ever had before. You wrapped your arms around her too and relaxed into her embrace.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry" She whispered into your hair, over and over, like a mantra. She began sobbing again, her hold tightening impossibly more. You stroked her back, letting all these emotion she had no doubt bottled up be let free.
You do not k ow how long you had been standing there, if it was a minute or a year, it didn't matter as long as you were in her arms.

"I have long since forgiven you" You finally said as her cries died down. Her breath hitched.

"Why? How?"

"Because I understand and I love you" your voice slightly cracked as you finally confessed the feelings you never had u der stood as a child. Years of thinking had helped you figure out why you always had wanted to see Aleksandra happy, to see her smile, and be the reason for it.
She slightly pulled away to look you in the eyes and you feared the worst. But she simply lowered her head until her forehead touched yours.

"I love you too. Always have. I don't know what came over me. I was so angry. So afraid. I do not deserve you forgiveness" Her voice wavered, but you could feel the sincerity behind the words and you smiled. You stood like that for a time, before you pulled away. She took your hand and led you through the ruins of the once magnificent castle. You stopped as you reached the balcony that oversaw all of Random. She placed her hands on the railing as she looked over her kingdom. She was beautiful in the light of the sunset.

"I have ruined so much for my people. I have broken their homes and their trust. I cannot call myself their queen"
A new tear rolled from the socket of her mask and down to her chin. You put your hand on top of her own and she looked down at you.

"Damaged, not broken. And damage can be healed and repaired, if you simply work for it" You smiled up at her and intertwined your fingers with hers.

"Would you..." you could feel the nerves radiating from her hesitancy. You squeezed her hand slightly to reassure her. She took a breath.
"Would you accompany me on this journey? As my partner and queen?"
You felt the knots of your heart finally unravelling as you whispered your answer.

"Yes"

And thus the Queens of Random looked upon their kingdom and future filled with determination, from a balcony in the ruins of their castle.