Rayne x reader

-From the Bloodrayne series.

Request by MagicWonderStudent (I haven't forgotten you)

She loved you. She adored you. She was obsessed with you.

Even if you didn't see yourself as something special, she did. She saw a strong and capable soldier, able to do anything you wanted to. She wanted to devour you, to savour you and to eat you up. But she could only glance at you from time to time. In the hallways, at the meetings... But she could not touch you. She could not feed off you.

For you didn't see her love.

You were a part of some kind of enhanced soldier program, and it had slowly changed you. Changed how you worked. and when you looked at her, you only saw another soldier. Another lost soul who had joined the last safe place for the people who knew the cruelty of this world. She was not a person in your eyes. She was more like a robot. Just like how you felt. A machine made for killing. A soldier without a heart. 

A life without a soul.

She had been content to just watch you from afar, enjoying you from distance. But not anymore. 

You had come home from a particularly nasty mission, death and sorrow everywhere. Children being carried away, crying for a parent that would never answer. Smoking buildings that were absolutely demolished by bombs and would never be a home again. But it was the screams that got to you. Screams of dying people. The last sound that they would ever make in this world.

It frightened you.

You went directly to you quarters after returning, not wanting to show weakness. And you cried. It was soundless except for you ragged breathing. You had to get the emotions out. All that you had been keeping in for so long came out. 

She saw it and her heart ached. She realised that you were not just another bloodbag. She wanted you to be happy too. And she wanted to be the one who made you happy. She knew what she had to do, she would just have to be patient.

So you kept seeing her more often. She was there when you ate in the dining hall, she was there when you were training, she was there on every mission you went on. And she began talking to you. Small talk at first, but it turned into full fledged conversation. She fell for you even harder. And you found comfort in her. She was easy to talk to, and she always understood your feelings. You fell for her too. Just according to her plan. And she soon had you. She had you in her palm. And she intended to keep you there, where no one can ever hurt you again.

She loved you. She adored you. She is obsessed with you. 

And you with her.