Lady Maria x reader

From Bloodborne

Request by AnalynAlcantara

"A corpse... should be left well alone"

"A corpse  should be laid to rest with dignity"

You felt her hand tighten around your arm for a moment before she let it gently go.

"Why hast thou come here?" Her eyes never left yours.

"I've come for you" You kneeled before her. "I've come to thank you"
You couldn't see her, but you heard her shift in her chair.

"Why? I have done no deed in need of thanking" Her voice sounded both strong and frail at the same time.

"I come from The Research Hall" You heard her breath hitch.

"...How?"

You were still on your knees, afraid of what your emotions would do.

"I was forgotten"

"...Y/N?" 

"Yes"

"You died"

"Not completely"

Before another moment passed, she stood out of her chair and lifted you into a hug. You were surprised for a few seconds, but then hugged her back.

"I missed you" She put you down gently, still holding on to you as if you would fade if she let go.
"What are you doing here?" She smiled down at you.

"I could ask you the same, but i fell asleep and woke up here. Oh! I almost forgot-" You got out of her grip to pull out something from your bag.

"I got this before i woke up here" You  held out the Rakuyo to her. She froze yet again.

"Why did... How did you find it?" She looked as if she wanted to run. You felt bad, you didn't know she would react like this.

"I-i'm sorry, i thought you had just lost it, so I looked for it for you" You hurried to put it back into your bag.

"No, I'm sorry. I was just shocked. It reminded me of when i lost..." She stopped mid sentence, looking back at you. She just looked at you for a couple seconds.

"Please tell me your thoughts Lady Maria" You asked her gently, reaching back for her hand.

"I'm thinking of the day i lost you" She let you take her hand and caressed them with her thumbs.

"They told me that you had died from the experiments. I couldn't take any more and left. I'm sorry that i left you"

"Don't worry, you're here now" She smiled you a warm smile.

"Still, but thank you. I'm not going to leave you alone ever again" Weird phrasing, but okay. At the same moment, another person entered the room. They drew their weapon.

"Let me deal with this disturbance" She took out her version of the Rakuyo.

Insanely difficult timeskip

This was... Something else...

"Are you alright?" She shaked her weapon to get the remaining blood off while walking back to you.

"You killed them" You had backed up to the wall while the fight went on.

"They drew their weapon first" She reached for your cheek, bloodying it as she stroked it.

"What are you doing?" You didn't really feel like being smeared in blood again.

"You always calmed down when I did this back then"

"You weren't always covered in blood then" You took her hand away from your face. She reached back for you, but you dodged.

"I know. But please just let me hold you" 

"What? No, not right now, we have to find a way out of this nightmare"

"We don't have to" She came closer, completely disregarding your uncomfort.

"We do though, I have a whole world to explore" You tried to awkwardly scoot away from her, but she just put her arm around you and pulled you close to her.

"The world is a terrible, gray and dangerous. Everything want to kill you. Let's just stay here a while" She buried her head in your neck. What the actual heck.

"Who are you?" You felt her stiffen again.

"I'm the only thing between you and a terrible death at the hand of something horrible" 

"Do you mean you or the creatures outside?"

"..."