Evie Frye x reader

-From Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Requested by kawaiizura2802 - Thank you for the kind words, darling.

Another ball. Great. You hated these kind of things. To many shallow and uninteresting people. Sure, this was one of the biggest parties of the year, but there is still so many entitled snobs. And your parents wanted you to marry one of them, urgh. But you stood as you have been taught, straight back and feminine attitude. You'd much rather be at home in your training cellar, your own little oasis. You were still impressed that you had convinced your parents to allow that. You knew it was to make you more obedient, but you just enjoyed being able to move freely from time to time.

But not now. Your corset hindered pretty much any movement, including breathing. Another reason you didn't like fancy parties. It's such a pain to be posed like a statue, made to be given away to whoever your parents see fit. But F it, you always had food, warmth and safety and that is more than many other people had. You often sneaked bits of edibles out for some children living in the alley, making sure it would go unnoticed by the cook. It was just a little thing you did, but it earned you friends in the street kids. They would then tell you stories of what really happened out behind the mansion walls, not all of that Starrick propaganda. A new gang was slowly taking London back from his claws, and you were really glad someone stood up to that psycho. You met him once at another party, and you didn't want to meet him again. He was charming, but you knew it was a facade. The way he spoke clearly was a mask for his true self. Another reason for your training. You wanted to be prepared if something happened, which it surely would someday.

So you were just standing there, trying not to look uninterested in the conversation before you. That was when something caught your eye. There was a girl on the other side of the garden. was way too close to one of the guards. And in just one second, she had his arm pinned to his back and whispered something to him, clearly a threat. This was interesting. You followed her with your eyes, her behaviour now having completely caught your attention. You didn't know why you didn't say anything to the guards. Probably because you were so bored. She headed inside again, pushing the guard in front of her. She was quickly out of sight, leaving you a little disappointed. Something finally happened, and you couldn't get to see it. You swiftly went back to the conversation, just like always.

You were having a pretty one sided conversation with a young man, when you saw her again. The man was bragging about his father's company, clearly trying to impress you. You couldn't care less. And he lost every little bit of your attention once the mystery woman appeared again. You kept your eye on her as she was dragged by a lady, whom you couldn't remember the name of, and introduced to Her Majesty. You were almost ready to be bored again when she began to head for the exit, but were surprised when Crawford Starrick himself grabbed her arm and forced a dance upon her. She looked visibly distressed, and it angered you for some reason. Maybe because you knew how weird it felt when someone does that.

"Excuse me, but i have to leave this fascinating conversation. I hope we will meet again" You said and left the dumbfounded young man behind and went to the dancefloor.

"Mister Starrick, pardon me the interruption." You stopped Starrick and the mystery lady's dance and laid your hand on hers.

"My family is leaving now, and we don't want my cousin to be left behind" You giggled as if you were one of those other empty headed girls around you. You bowed your head farewell and pulled the confused lady with you inside before anyone had the chance to blink. When you were safely inside, you released the woman and sighed.

"I'm sorry to have dragged you away so abruptly, but i could see that you found the situation unpleasing. My name is Y/N L/N"

"Im Evie Frye, nice to meet you miss. I didn't know that the people who comes to these such gatherings would have perception of the thing around them" She said, leaning against a pillar.

"Most don't. At least not for those things. Mostly for seeing who the richest person is and how to woo them" You stated dryly. "I have heard of you before, i just didn't know how you looked"

"You have?" She asked, a little worriedly.

"Yes, but it is only stories that some of the orphan children have told me. Also, i saw you grab that guard, so i knew you were different from everyone else." You eyed her, she clearly was in a hurry. 

"I know you have somewhere to be, don't let me stop you" You told her while crossing your arms.

"You are excellent at reading body language" She pushes herself off the pillar. "It's been interesting to talk with you. Have a good evening . I hope we will speak again" She says before she hurries out.

You slowly walked out too, watching for Starrick. But something was wrong. There was commotion and you could see the queen be escorted out by distressed guards. You looked around for Evie, she must have something to do with it. You finally spot her, she were swimming across the lake. She must have changed meanwhile, cause that was not the red dress. You took a quick decision. Fuck your outfit. Didn't like it much after all. You ripped it to get more movability and dropped your shoes before following after her. 

She had disappeared down some kind of tomb or something, watching as she hurried so much she didn't notice you.

"Jacob!" She shouted as she reached the end of the stairs before she jumped out of sight again. You reached where she stood before and you couldn't believe your eyes. Light everywhere. After you had spent a good 10 seconds getting your mind blown, you realised that Starrick had Evie and another person in a chokehold. It looked as if he sucked their life into him some way. Probably with the glowing cloth draped over him. You didn't really think much about anything, you just bolted straight for him. As soon as you reached them, you leapt into a jump, aiming your foot for his throat. It made a terrible sound as you smashed into him, making his hold on Evie and the man disappear and they fell onto the ground. He stood up immediately , surprising you long enough for him to land a smack right to your face. You just took it and kicked him again, this time not stopping. He kept evading  your blows and you his. That was until he yelled out, looking at his back, a blade now poking out of it. You just managed to see his victorious smirk before he stuck it in your chest and kicked you away.

[pain sound]

You landed on the other side of the room, you consciousness fading.

"You're waking up!"

Your head were spinning. You tried to sit up, but was held down. Did you smack into a door while training again? Then it all crashed down on you.

"What happened?" You asked, flinching at the light.

"You're alright now, believe me" That was Evies voice.

"Miss Frye?" You asked, still not getting your eyes to follow commands.

"It's me darling" You finally opened your eyes, wincing as you felt pain on the whole left side of your face.

"You will probably be in some pain, but at least you're still alive. I thought you were gone" She stroked your hair gently. That was... weird.

"Thank you miss Frye, but i really must get home-" You once again tried to sit up, but were stopped both by the horrible pain in your chest and Evie's arms.

"You are still too weak to sit up. Don't worry, i will take excellent care of you" She put her forehead against yours.

"Errm... Miss? What do you mean? Not to be ungrateful, but-" She just put a finger on your lips and looked you in the eye. Something was clearly not right.

"Shh, my angel. Don't you worry about a thing. I know why you followed me now. And i love you too" She gently pet you.

Her eyes...