Zoe Baker x reader

From Resident Evil 7

I couldn't find the request :c

You clutched your clipboard tightly to your chest as you walked through the opening of the tent. Inside was a tall, gruff man and your patient.

"Hello?" You squeeked. Good first impression.
They both turned around.

"Hey"

"My name is Y/N L/N, I am to be Ms. Bakers doctor during the recovery" You smiled at them both.
She smiled back.

"If you will allow me sir, I have to make sure the infection is completely gone. May I ask you to leave the tent? You can of course talk when we are done"
You nervously said. He looked annoyed for a moment before turning and walking out of the tent.

"So, please lay back down and I will make sure nothing is wrong" You smiled at her again, hoping to come off as friendly. She complied and laid back down.
You took out some of your medical tools and put them on a nearby table.

"Would it be alright if I asked a few questions?" You fiddled with your stethoscope, trying to stop your hands from shaking. This was your first real assignment.

"Yeah, sure"

"What was your original hair colour?"

"Brown"

"Alright" You scribbled it down on your clipboard.
"And how long will you say that you had been under the influence of the infection?"

"I dunno. A little time after Ethan and Mia left"
She was just looking at the ceiling.

"Mhm" You then proceeded to take her blood pressure.

"Can I ask you something?" She suddenly says, kind of catching you off guard. You had completely forgotten that it was a human you were looking over, not a test dummy.

"I will try to answer the best I can"
Your voice was a little shaky.

"Why didn't I turn into one of those things?" She looked up at you.

"Hm. My theory is that it wasn't what was wanted. Judging from the type of infection you had, you were only to be 'a living statue' for some time until everything was under control.
I'm sorry if its a bit morbid" You quickly added, hoping to stay on her good side.

"Oh. Okay" She then just watched you as you finished up your examination.
It was a little hard to work under her gaze, but you managed to do it. You were a professional after all.

"There we go, you look to be completely cured. Nothing out of the ordinary" You began to pack up your stuff.

"Wait, how long will I stay here?"
She asked, sitting up.

"Oh! Well, for now the plan is until you are fully recovered. Then you and your uncle will be relocated to new homes" You turned back to her.

"Okay... But how long until I recover then?"

"Hm... Probably a week or so. We have to make absolutely sure that nothing is wrong" You smiled.
"Although we will probably send someone out to talk with you as you re-enter society. It is probably going to be a hard period of adjustment.
Not to mention the horrors you must have seen" You then clammed up.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that!" You put your hand over your mouth. She just weakly chuckled.

"It's okay. You're right" She smiled back.

"W-well I'm sure that your uncle is impatient to talk more with you. I will come back tonight and check on you, alright?"
You picked your clipboard back up.